Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Subjects that don't have their own home
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#361 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by The Stratmangler »

mainscablesrus wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:57 pm Never thought to try the built in phono stage!! Bummer.
:sign5:
Chris :happy3:
Nick
Site Admin

#362 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Nick »

I thought I'd ask, just because of the oddity in the specification in that particular preamp.
Thats why I measured it, it seemed a very odd value and I wanted to make sure it was not a typo.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#363 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

mainscablesrus wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:57 pm Never thought to try the built in phono stage!! Bummer.
I would very much like to hear what it sounds like.
Does a lottery winners pricetag bit of audio kit resolve a recording to the degree it should do?
Do you still have the DH-1, or has it been shipped back to NWA?

Just as a point of interest - were any of the phono preamps hooked up to the Soulution preamp grounding point?
Nick
Site Admin

#364 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Nick »

Do you still have the DH-1, or has it been shipped back to NWA?
The one that was there has gone back (not sure if it was the 1 or not), but The cart that Dave has is still their in his 401. The whole set-up needs sorting out, its a nightmare of power supply and mains leads at the back of the rack.
were any of the phono preamps hooked up to the Soulution preamp grounding point
No idea, I didn’t even know it had a phono stage until last night, so didn’t think to check.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
antonio66
User

#365 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by antonio66 »

mainscablesrus wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:57 pm Its this baby

https://soulution-audio.com/series5/sou ... amplifier/

Never thought to try the built in phono stage!! Bummer.
Call yourself a dealer Dave. :lol:
Considering I cannot reply on HFS, I think Nick is correct there is no conspiracy regarding the NVA phono,, it's most probably set to MM and not MC. The owner and a few members seem to be a little paranoid.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#366 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

You obviously haven't read anything that has been said, or it has per usual been filtered by your agenda. There would have been nothing said by me or others at HFS if it hadn't required a reaction especially when someone known as a NVA disser gets hold of it and joins in at his apology of a forum.

Regarding you and HFS, you are welcome to have your membership back if you have got over your strop that caused you to disrupt the forum.
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#367 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:53 am...when someone known as a NVA disser gets hold of it and joins in at his apology of a forum
There doesn't appear to be any "dissing" going on over there
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#368 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

This place is far better behaved now, including you :wink:

It is a problem elsewhere.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#369 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by mainscablesrus »

I suggest close HFS and come here, your sales will increase I can guarantee that much, your entourage do more harm than good, at least 1 person said to me today he wouldn't mind an NVA phono stage but there is too much baggage goes with it.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
CN211276
User

#370 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by CN211276 »

I have an NVA Phono 1, no baggage, set up to match my cartridge and cost less than two illegal SR fuses. :)
antonio66
User

#371 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by antonio66 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:53 am You obviously haven't read anything that has been said, or it has per usual been filtered by your agenda. There would have been nothing said by me or others at HFS if it hadn't required a reaction especially when someone known as a NVA disser gets hold of it and joins in at his apology of a forum.

Regarding you and HFS, you are welcome to have your membership back if you have got over your strop that caused you to disrupt the forum.
If this post was directed at me, I can assure you I have read the full fat on this bake-off on HFS. I have no agenda, I use NVA equipment as you know, but you have not taken any notice of good advice given by the more intelligent members on that thread. You keep asking for the stage to be sent back to you, as Nick said, it belongs to Brooky and he can do what he wants with it. You have conveniently forgotton you purchased an Arkless modded phono which could be passed around, he never kicked off in the same manner.
Please show proof were I have ever disrupted your forum.
savvypaul
User

#372 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by savvypaul »

antonio66 wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:35 pm
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:53 am You obviously haven't read anything that has been said, or it has per usual been filtered by your agenda. There would have been nothing said by me or others at HFS if it hadn't required a reaction especially when someone known as a NVA disser gets hold of it and joins in at his apology of a forum.

If this post was directed at me, I can assure you I have read the full fat on this bake-off on HFS. I have no agenda, I use NVA equipment as you know, but you have not taken any notice of good advice given by the more intelligent members on that thread. You keep asking for the stage to be sent back to you, as Nick said, it belongs to Brooky and he can do what he wants with it. You have conveniently forgotton you purchased an Arkless modded phono which could be passed around, he never kicked off in the same manner.
Please show proof were I have ever disrupted your forum.
The only complaint made is that YNWaN has been a bit of an arse with his posting after the event.

Your comment about the Arkless phono is pure 'what-about?-ery'
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#373 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Anton - so it is still a waste of time trying to talk to you, when you grow up and stop throwing your toys around (as you did on the forum) we will talk again - or not - up to you.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#374 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

mainscablesrus wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:53 pm I suggest close HFS and come here, your sales will increase I can guarantee that much, your entourage do more harm than good, at least 1 person said to me today he wouldn't mind an NVA phono stage but there is too much baggage goes with it.
BAGGAGE!! - do I break the law and sell illegal plug fuses at £130 each, if you want baggage then look at that.
Toppsy
Shed dweller

#375 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Toppsy »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:46 pm Anton - so it is still a waste of time trying to talk to you, when you grow up and stop throwing your toys around (as you did on the forum) we will talk again - or not - up to you.
The pot calling the kettle black