Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Subjects that don't have their own home
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#196 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Cressy Snr »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:36 pm Just looked - trains are out, absolute shite service.
That's the Northern Powerhouse. Good innit :roll:
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#197 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I have never used a long distance bus, but they are so cheap £8 each way :shock: though it means coming up Sat evening and going in a B&B, Huddersfield Hotel looks convenient. £50 plus £16 for bus, half the price of train and not that much slower because of train changes. And hopefully rested and not so much stress as 8 hours driving (4 hours each way).

So tell me are these buses really crap or are they OK. This is Megabus.
Nick
Site Admin

#198 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Nick »

They are both crap and OK at the same time, the price tends to make one forgive the crap parts (which to be fair are much the same crap parts of train travel). My offspring have used them a lot, certainly the cheapest way to get to London. If you are a student, and are prepared to leave Leeds at 1 in the morning, you can get to London on a Megabus for £2.70 (no that’s not a mistake).
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Ant
Shed dweller

#199 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Ant »

i could fetch the f5 and passive, and maybe the jvc direct drive?
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
lindsayt
User

#200 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by lindsayt »

mainscablesrus wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:46 pm
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:54 pm I am keen on comparing things because of all the lies and shite thrown at me, it is the only way I can counter it. That was behind the desire to compare with Firey and Arkey. Both were talking shite about NVA.
You don't need to compare your phono stages as I am happy to say they bettered most of what was at the last bake off.

Next meet is speakers I think but I am happy to do an open day and we can bring whatever we wish. There will be something rather special resident on the day.

So Sunday September 24th.
Would that be those £x0,000 Japanese field coils?

Shall I bring my EV Sentry III's?
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#201 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by mainscablesrus »

lindsayt wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:59 pm
mainscablesrus wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:46 pm
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:54 pm I am keen on comparing things because of all the lies and shite thrown at me, it is the only way I can counter it. That was behind the desire to compare with Firey and Arkey. Both were talking shite about NVA.
You don't need to compare your phono stages as I am happy to say they bettered most of what was at the last bake off.

Next meet is speakers I think but I am happy to do an open day and we can bring whatever we wish. There will be something rather special resident on the day.

So Sunday September 24th.
Would that be those £x0,000 Japanese field coils?

Shall I bring my EV Sentry III's?
How big are they and will they get damaged lifting them round the back?

That's my only worry!

Yes the Maxonics are in the UK, arriving at Brook Towers FRIDAY this week.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
lindsayt
User

#202 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by lindsayt »

Drinks cabinet sized.

I'm more concerned about scraping your paint and plasterwork on the way in.

The cosmetic condition of the EV's reflects their 35 years of use in the Royal National Theatre. Another scratch or two would not make any significant difference to them.

If we can bring them in through your fire exit we should be OK.
Tony Moore
Old Hand

#203 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Tony Moore »

I stayed overnight at the Cambridge Hotel for the Phono event. It was fairly close, had ample parking and was quiet, comfortable and breakfast very good. No complaints.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#204 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Dave - does your wifi in the shop reach down to that dem room.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#205 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by Cressy Snr »

What with EV Sentrys, Maxonics being there, I think with my omnis and others of that type, there is going to have to be a bit of "expectation management" with regard to the smaller speakers. :lol: :lol:
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#206 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

T'will be fun.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#207 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by mainscablesrus »

Cressy Snr wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:06 pm What with EV Sentrys, Maxonics being there, I think with my omnis and others of that type, there is going to have to be a bit of "expectation management" with regard to the smaller speakers. :lol: :lol:
They all make a sound chief!
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#208 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by mainscablesrus »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:59 pm Dave - does your wifi in the shop reach down to that dem room.
Thought you had a Nokia steam driven phone fella? :D
steve s
Shed dweller

#209 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by steve s »

Cressy Snr wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:06 pm What with EV Sentrys, Maxonics being there, I think with my omnis and others of that type, there is going to have to be a bit of "expectation management" with regard to the smaller speakers. :lol: :lol:
Was going to bring mine too? Wanted to see if they where in the same league as £50k jobs?
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#210 Re: Yorkshire Hi-Fi Club

Post by mainscablesrus »

steve s wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:36 pm
Was going to bring mine too? Wanted to see if they where in the same league as £50k jobs?
THat's good for you lot but not good for me if yours beat mine eh??? :D :D :D