Owston 2017 - What're you bringing?

Subjects that don't have their own home
Irene Idler
User

#16 Re: Owston 2017 - What're you bringing?

Post by Irene Idler »

Thermionic Idler wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:57 pm If we can't fit the big Mets (you've heard them a few times before anyway) the new Beast OTL amps should be good for 75 watts, they'll drive almost anything I reckon, although I've heard some electrostats can cause them issues.
My Celestion F2s will do in a pinch, they're not audiophile quality but they still do a creditable job and I've got both the towers and the bookshelf ones.

In addition, if I can decide on the final design for the cabinet for my guitar amp and Cressy has time to build it, all guitarists may feel free to bring their axes and try it out. Better you than me, my American friend has still not shipped my Danelectro and I'm shockingly out of practice (and wholly incapable of playing lead).
"Hey, you know the rules, baby. If you wanna PLAY funky, you gotta SMELL funky." -- Mike Troutman
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#17 Re: Owston 2017 - What're you bringing?

Post by Mike H »

Not had an actual, final rehearsal "test fit" yet, but had a measure-up and I'm fairly sure I can brung what I did last year, in the sidecar; the El84 p-p amp, now resplendent in Ant's super wood case; music source = notebook PC + HiFimeDIY USB DAC, and I think the middle-sized bookshelfs should go in. (Those who did Owster's year before last have seen / heard these. Modified music centre jobbies.)

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
cressy
Shed dweller

#18 Re: Owston 2017 - What're you bringing?

Post by cressy »

If there is space i'll fetch the demo lenco and cx arm, benedict audio hothead phono and denon ha 500, a passive pre and maybe the f5.

Depends on space, at least I have something worth bringing for the first time in a few years
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#19 Re: Owston 2017 - What're you bringing?

Post by Mike H »

Yes do if you can. The Lenco demo would be nice to have on I think. :thumbleft:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#20 Re: Owston 2017 - What're you bringing.

Post by Cressy Snr »

I will have two semi-omnis there: one is the OmniMet, the other (if it sounds right) is....well you'll have to wait and see :wink:

I'll fetch my own BTE Lenco too, plus the monoblocks etc.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
JohnG
Old Hand

#21 Re: Owston 2017 - What're you bringing?

Post by JohnG »

My friend Stoyan, is very keen to bring along a fully reworked Sony CD Player, it has been valve modified, the Mods reach far beyond the common seen
types. He says it performs very differently to his previous modified CD Players and that he is very impressed.
He is happy for the internals to be viewed, he said he may have the time to put a perspex lid on it, for this purpose.
Would it be possible to have a bit of demo time for this CD Player ?
steve s
Shed dweller

#22 Re: Owston 2017 - What're you bringing?

Post by steve s »

Of course it's ok John, just see me on the day and it will be organised
The same goes for anyone else who brings individual items

It would be good if everyone who is bringing a full system can post on this thread so we have idea of numbers

My system will be a 5 watt triode amp and a newly built pair of high eff 4 way speakers based on the Beyma tpl150

One year I may bring the quad corner ribbons.. But not enough room in the car this year
Any 300b owners would like me to bring a good pair of valves?
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#23 Re: Owston 2017 - What're you bringing?

Post by Cressy Snr »

OK

I'm bringing a full system. Below is the list of items:

BTE Designs Lenco L75 with Mayware arm and Audio Technica AT440MLB magnetic cart.

NVA Phono 1 phono stage

BTE Designs balanced, passive preamp with Khozmo stepped attenuator and Sowter phase-splitting output transformers.

Sony CDP-XB930 QS cd player.

Balanced push pull pentode monoblock power amps.

"Flatback Banned" quarter wave transmission line speakers

Balanced mains power unit may make an appearance if I get it cased and safe. If not I won't bring it.

I'll need a flat wall area, uninterrupted by windows, behind the system for the speakers to couple to, otherwise I may as well not bother, so I would ask anyone who gets there before me to leave somewhere like that for me to put the system.
Last edited by Cressy Snr on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#24 Re: Owston 2017 - What're you bringing?

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Looks like I would need to share that space on the Sunday as the Cube2 operates the same way. Please bring them with you Steve. Space for Cressy Jnr G99 and Neat he is bringing for me and I will bring a MC Phono 2 with bespoke power supply for my SPU. I will try to bring other nva stuff, what I have available at the time to put in the car.

Do I need to bring speaker stands for the Cube2.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#25 Re: Owston 2017 - What're you bringing?

Post by Cressy Snr »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:51 am
Do I need to bring speaker stands for the Cube2.
Yes, you'll need stands. I don't have room for mine in the car, not with everything else as well :)
The cubes will be there on Sunday of course.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#26 Re: Owston 2017 - What're you bringing?

Post by Ray P »

steve s wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:23 amMy system will be a 5 watt triode amp and a newly built pair of high eff 4 way speakers based on the Beyma tpl150
Steve, just a reminder that I plan to bring my Transcendent 300B SE-OTL amps after your offer to hook them up to your speakers. They're only around 1W per channel so it'll be pushing things but time will tell...

Ray
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#27 Re: Owston 2017 - What're you bringing?

Post by Ali Tait »

Would be good to compare the Mini Beast to those Ray/ Steve. I'll bring it along if you're amenable?

I'll also bring the Mytek dac if anyone is interested in hearing it.
steve s
Shed dweller

#28 Re: Owston 2017 - What're you bringing?

Post by steve s »

No problem ray it will be good to hear them..

Ali are you bringing your full system ? Would be good if you can

Thanks
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#29 Re: Owston 2017 - What're you bringing?

Post by Ali Tait »

Coming with Gary so no room unfortunately Steve.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#30 Re: Owston 2017 - What're you bringing?

Post by Mike H »

steve s wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:23 am It would be good if everyone who is bringing a full system can post on this thread so we have idea of numbers
Yes I am.