Hot and dry holiday destination.

Subjects that don't have their own home
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#166 Re: Hot and dry holiday destination.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Swimming in a sea of sangria we are enjoying 38 degrees. Tomorrow we speed south to the Mediterranean where it promises to be up to 10 degrees cooler...which is still too hot.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#167 Re: Hot and dry holiday destination.

Post by jack »

andrew Ivimey wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:11 pm Swimming in a sea of sangria we are enjoying 38 degrees. Tomorrow we speed south to the Mediterranean where it promises to be up to 10 degrees cooler...which is still too hot.
Top man!

Hit 50C here at the weekend - I walked about a mile today and probably lost a kilo in the process - it's not very nice...

However, the reason I was out walking was to go to the currency exchange - I picked up 250,000 AMD (Armenian Dram) - about USD 500, and 1200 GEL (Georgian Lari) - again, about USD 500 worth.

So now I have a quarter of a million Drams and more Laris than you can shake a finger at.

SWMBO & I off on Wednesday to Yerevan - back sometime mid July.
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#168 Re: Hot and dry holiday destination.

Post by Mike H »

LOL :D

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."