Richard Dunn

Subjects that don't have their own home
Michael L
Old Hand

#106 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Michael L »

cressy wrote:What the hell is your problem? Theres no need to be such an arsehole to everyone. Why do you seem to want to get a rise out of everyone here?
Piss off somewhere else you miserable excuse for a human being
Seconded. I am sick of his comments. He's polluted almost every thread. For me, and evidently some others he is ruining this forum.
It's time to try out the add foe button. Never used it before anywhere.
Michael L
Old Hand

#107 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Michael L »

Result!
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#108 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

Seems that Jammy thrives on conflict. :(
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
guy
User

#109 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by guy »

pot and kettle - who started this thread and why?
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#110 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

guy wrote:pot and kettle - who started this thread and why?
I have already answered that question.

Edmund Burke

guy
User

#111 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by guy »

from memory, you only said someone asked you. Doesn't really explain why.
Nick
Site Admin

#112 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

Let me tell you about a friend of mine.
I have thought about your post for some time Ray, and while I am sympathetic to your friends problem, it seems to me his problem is a result of a systemic failure of the society he is living in, and the possible corrupt, but at least failed law enforcement. I dont see how you can coerce his issues into one caused by lack of sufficient censorship.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#113 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by pre65 »

guy wrote:from memory, you only said someone asked you. Doesn't really explain why.
The answer is there Guy.

All this is doing is prolonging the thread, does anyone really want that ?

I know Nick hates censorship, but would locking this topic be so bad ?

Edmund Burke

Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#114 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Ray P »

Nick wrote:
I have thought about your post for some time Ray, and while I am sympathetic to your friends problem, it seems to me his problem is a result of a systemic failure of the society he is living in, and the possible corrupt, but at least failed law enforcement. I dont see how you can coerce his issues into one caused by lack of sufficient censorship.
Sorry Nick, but where did I say that?

The issues are obviously far more complex than that but there is no doubt in my find that the question of the limits of freedom of speech, and thereby the issue of censorship, are a fundamental aspect of the issue. The issue started with people saying inappropriate things and it escalated from there; unbridled inappropriate speech has led to inappropriate actions. And yes, an element of apparently complicit behaviour by those in authority has aided and abetted.

You said something along the lines of 'I don't do censorship' and I'm simply arguing the case for some level of censorship.

Ray
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Nick
Site Admin

#115 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

Ray P wrote:
Nick wrote:
Sorry Nick, but where did I say that?

The issues are obviously far more complex than that but there is no doubt in my find that the question of the limits of freedom of speech, and thereby the issue of censorship, are a fundamental aspect of the issue. The issue started with people saying inappropriate things and it escalated from there; unbridled inappropriate speech has led to inappropriate actions. And yes, an element of apparently complicit behaviour by those in authority has aided and abetted.

You said something along the lines of 'I don't do censorship' and I'm simply arguing the case for some level of censorship.

Ray
Sorry, I am confused here. To me, when you are "arguing the case for some level of censorship" and give a example, to hopefully make your point, it seems a reasonable assumption on my part that you are suggesting the situation in the example would have been made better by a altered level of censorship, and I assume you mean more, not less.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
gazjam
User

#116 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by gazjam »

First time I've seen a thread like this on Audio-Talk.

Read this article earlier, possible food for thought. (take out the politics specific bit)
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... cial-media
Nick
Site Admin

#117 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

First time I've seen a thread like this on Audio-Talk.
You have not been paying attention then.
gazjam
User

#118 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by gazjam »

More than likely! :)
Tend to drop in on the Valve projects and DIY parts more than the other bits I s'pose.
Nick
Site Admin

#119 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by Nick »

I know Nick hates censorship
There are very few (if any) things I hate. Its not a like/hate matter, its just a question that once the decision is taken to restrict what can or can't be posted on a forum, then everything that is posted becomes my responsibility. I refuse to take that responsibility. You are responsible for your own behaviour, not me.
chris661
Shed dweller

#120 Re: Richard Dunn

Post by chris661 »

Michael L wrote: Seconded. I am sick of his comments. He's polluted almost every thread. For me, and evidently some others he is ruining this forum.
It's time to try out the add foe button. Never used it before anywhere.
Yep, just tried it. Works nicely.