The Audio-Talk Cycling thread.

Subjects that don't have their own home
Michael L
Old Hand

#1366 Re: The Audio-Talk Cycling thread.

Post by Michael L »

Nanook of the North wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:28 pm Cyclists...........Fukinfaggots.

Lycra pantys though..........mmmmhhh :bounce:
Nick, Is it time to curtail Jammy's latest visit?
Michael L
Old Hand

#1367 Re: The Audio-Talk Cycling thread.

Post by Michael L »

Mike H wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:52 pm Another new member added to the ignore list! :D

Well not a new member. I already had 'Mudshark' on my ignore list. I wondered how long it would be before he dropped the mask.
thomas
Old Hand

#1368 Re: The Audio-Talk Cycling thread.

Post by thomas »

Happy Bicycle Day.....

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2018 ... rt-hofmann

I'm going on a little trip later (on my bike....)
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#1369 Re: The Audio-Talk Cycling thread.

Post by Dave the bass »

ISWYDT. Happy Bicycle day.

I just did my local loop for the 2nd time this week, lovely evening weather for a ride post-work, getting fitter, whahey!
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#1370 Re: The Audio-Talk Cycling thread.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Total tooth gnashing, oh and weepy wailing stuff too as Ride with GPS, which has oddly let me down at times has now completely refused to record any ride. I have-re-nstalled, with and without wi-fi, with and without data and nothing.

Ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#1371 Re: The Audio-Talk Cycling thread.

Post by Ray P »

I'm slowly getting over the bug so, feeling a bit stronger, I headed out this morning for my first proper ride for a fortnight. I kept it fairly easy but I actually went a lot better than I expected. Putting my feet up with a good coffee now.

Departed: Apr 21, '18, 08:42AM
Starts in: Taunton Deane, England, GB
Distance: 19.8 mi
Elevation: + 879 / - 870 ft
Max Grade: 7.5 %
VAM: 397 Vm/h
Moving Time: 01:13:11
Calories: 795
Avg. Watts: 181
Max Speed: 28.9 mph
Avg. Speed: 16.3 mph
Moving Pace: 00:03:41
Max Heartrate: 142 bpm
Min Heartrate: 56 bpm
Avg. Heartrate: 114.1 bpm

I have 120days until I have to ride 120miles so some work still to do.
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
andrew Ivimey

#1372 Re: The Audio-Talk Cycling thread.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

The plot thickens (with 'Ride with GPS') ...

four phones:- one ancient and battered Galaxy 5 (possibly the best samsung phone ever), no Sim card so just using operating system and GPS works fine.

one Galaxy 8+ with gallons of data, sim card will not record my journeys - it gives a message that some form of power save that is enabled is stopping accurate recording of a journey. I have tried switching everything off and on but it still refuses to get further than this. It shows my position on a map, which is accurate, but it will not record.

a Galaxy 6, borrowed for the tests, with an old sim card has started doing what I describe above too.

Both the 8+ and the 6 have worked in the past. Something very fishy and/or simple but what???

Last year my ancient and not at all battered(fishy) Galaxy note 2 stopped working for a while (on Ride with GPS) and I lost some really good journeys but now works fine, (with a simcard which has a little credit left on it) and I have no idea why it stopped working and started again, but there you go...

I'm a bit cross with all this shenanigans.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Ray P

#1373 Re: The Audio-Talk Cycling thread.

Post by Ray P »

Andrew, you could always use the Ride with GPS help and log a support ticket. I use a Galaxy 7 (and previously a 4) and have never had a problem with recording rides.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#1374 Re: The Audio-Talk Cycling thread.

Post by IslandPink »

You could just go out and have a ride on your bike :D

.. now having said, that, I can't claim any wheel-based exercise this week, but would like to ask for consideration to be given for a walk of 4hrs50 on Monday and another of 5 hrs on Wednesday. The first walk was from Dowthwaitehead ( a remote cul-de-sac by any standards, but very close to the cottage ) over Great Dodd, Watson's Dodd, Stybarrow Dodd and Hart Side . Wednesday walk was from Hartsop near Brother's Water - up to 'The Knott', them Rampsgill Head, High Raise and Kidsty Pike. That's eight more Wainwrights for the wallchart :bounce:
Just shows what about three days of no work, no mother worries and lots of sleep can do for the health. Course I was a bit knackered by Thursday, but I'm more or less OK now. I slightly twisted my ankle on the way down to Hartsop on Wednesday, that made the last 600ft of descent a bit of a struggle.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
andrew Ivimey

#1375 Re: The Audio-Talk Cycling thread.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

What the fuck do you think I've been doing in finding out I can't get Ride with GPS to work!!!!? Really.

I've read the instructions Ray can't see an answer to my prob. And don't know how to log a prob. So we'll see what tomorrow brings...en velo or even walking.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#1376 Re: The Audio-Talk Cycling thread.

Post by IslandPink »

I repeat my advice and ignore your use of the word 'fuck' .
Get back in the 1980's, dude !
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Ray P

#1377 Re: The Audio-Talk Cycling thread.

Post by Ray P »

andrew Ivimey wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:07 pm ...don't know how to log a prob.
For me its top left corner of this page

https://ridewithgps.com/help/
andrew Ivimey

#1378 Re: The Audio-Talk Cycling thread.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Ta. I'll have a dek.
Ray P

#1379 Re: The Audio-Talk Cycling thread.

Post by Ray P »

I felt a bit tired this morning and had to push myself out the door but clocked up another good 20miles. Hopefully I'll feel strong enough to push the distances out next weekend. Here are today's stats;

Departed: Apr 22, '18, 08:22AM
Starts in: Taunton Deane, England, GB
Distance: 20.5 mi
Elevation: + 996 / - 1003 ft
Max Grade: 7.6 %
VAM: 421 Vm/h
Moving Time: 01:16:23
Calories: 829
Avg. Watts: 181
Max Speed: 31.1 mph
Avg. Speed: 16.1 mph
Moving Pace: 00:03:44
Max Heartrate: 135 bpm
Min Heartrate: 68 bpm
Avg. Heartrate: 112.8 bpm
andrew Ivimey

#1380 Re: The Audio-Talk Cycling thread.

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Just got back all nice and sweaty from10 deliberate miles...trying more combinations and finally switching off the overall power saving button because Ride kept putting a warning screen that power saving would make it very difficult to record. This is recent ( last six weeks really).

It started to record badly and then gained confidence. My confidence didn't grow though as Ride had me cycling through several Victorian terraced houses and for several miles when I was never within a quarter of a mile and at most two miles from a park I cycled right across the park.

Ride had a one time peak speed of 67.2 mph a journey of just over five miles according to the phone oh and various other anomalies such that I would say that even with great enthusiasm the accuracy of this journey is highly questionable indeed.

Now I'm home I have found the logging page and have changed the settings ready for an evening's cool ride.