Reduce cost of calling utilities etc.

Subjects that don't have their own home
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#1 Reduce cost of calling utilities etc.

Post by Paul Barker »

"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
david C
Old Hand

Post by david C »

interesting Paul

I've just signed up to a Virgin option that give free premium rate calls for 2 quid a month up to 250 minutes,
David

Wasps are the Katie Price of the Animal Kingdom - utterly pointless and bloody irritating!
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

Just use this website to get an "01" number-

http://www.saynoto0870.com/
david C
Old Hand

Post by david C »

Ali Tait wrote:Just use this website to get an "01" number-

http://www.saynoto0870.com/
that's a good one Ali
David

Wasps are the Katie Price of the Animal Kingdom - utterly pointless and bloody irritating!
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

Aye, you don't think about how much it can save you, especially if you are phoning from a mobile.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

My landline is XLR telecom business line and it has free calls to these numbers.

Orange my business mobile is the worst offendor at ripping us off for these calls. So I never ring those type of number from it. If it is an 0800 and I am in someones house, which I would be, I tell them it's a free number from their phone and use that.

The say no to 0870 has less and less alternative numbers than it used to and they are less able to get you to the part of the organisation you want. But it's worth a try.

My main numbers are boiler manufacturer and they have made sure you can't get to the department you need through no to 0870. There is no way around the system of paying them for their time.

the joke is even British Gas using their internal (short dial) mobile I have to go through the same menus the general public have to, so I have the same lengthy instructions and select right one or go back to beginning again. The SIS department (systems) is in India and today I had to ring them, one option I couldn't even tell what the Indian man actually said but next option was everything else so I hit that and thankfully after a 10 minute wait to be answered got the right depatrtment. Half hour sat in van unable to progress my work because of their phone system and inability to field sufficient calls, while I am doing their work.

But at least it is their mobile so they pay.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein