Help Kids toys and tamperproof triangular screwdriver

Subjects that don't have their own home
Andrew
Eternally single

#1 Help Kids toys and tamperproof triangular screwdriver

Post by Andrew »

Help guys, a plea from/for my kids.......

I have a selection of gifted/much loved/second hand BRIO trains, my kids love 'em. Trouble is they keep taking them to places like the sandpit or in the bath, or they just plain need servicing. I can probably make at least two good ones from the bits I have.

I have been able to get some apart...but BRIO in their infinite wisdom use a triangular headed screw, presumable they are not keen on self-servicing the trains and want us to rush out and buy a new one; they are not your usual tamper proof screw - not do look like tri-wing either, I think they might be TP3....

I'm not giving up, here are the little buggars http://www.armitstead.com/rants/brioSucks.html. Does any know what these things are called before I take an old allen key to my bench grinder.

thanks,

-- Andrew
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

Grinder
al newall
Needs to get out more

Post by al newall »

Grinder.

But rather than waste an allen key, what about those useless bits one often gets in drill/screwdriver sets. Sometimes there are square shaped bits which may have a flat side the right size. Less grinding.
Much to learn there is.
clet10
New User

#4 Re: Help Kids toys and tamperproof triangular screwdriver

Post by clet10 »

Andrew wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:27 am Help guys, a plea from/for my kids.......

I have a selection of gifted/much loved/second hand BRIO trains, my kids love 'em. Trouble is they keep taking them to places like the sandpit or in the bath, or they just plain need servicing. I can probably make at least two good ones from the bits I have.

I have been able to get some apart...but BRIO in their infinite wisdom use a triangular headed screw, presumable they are not keen on self-servicing the trains and want us to rush out and buy a new one; they are not your usual tamper proof screw - not do look like tri-wing either, I think they might be TP3....

I'm not giving up, here are the little buggars http://www.armitstead.com/rants/brioSucks.html. Does any know what these things are called before I take an old allen key to my bench grinder.

thanks,

-- Andrew
Hello
Can you share some pictures of your BRIO trains?
clet10
New User

#5 Re: Help Kids toys and tamperproof triangular screwdriver

Post by clet10 »

clet10 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:10 am
Andrew wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:27 am Help guys, a plea from/for my kids.......

I have a selection of gifted/much loved/second hand BRIO trains, Lego toys my kids love 'em. Trouble is they keep taking them to places like the sandpit or in the bath, or they just plain need servicing. I can probably make at least two good ones from the bits I have.

thanks,

-- Andrew
Hello
Can you share some pictures of your BRIO trains?
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#6 Re: Help Kids toys and tamperproof triangular screwdriver

Post by Daniel Quinn »

you can buy a triangular headed screwdriver .

grinder is an app for homosexuals to find near bye casual sex ,not sure how that would help.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#7 Re: Help Kids toys and tamperproof triangular screwdriver

Post by pre65 »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:18 am you can buy a triangular headed screwdriver .

grinder is an app for homosexuals to find near bye casual sex ,not sure how that would help.
What a mine of information you are Dennis. Is that a personal recommendation ? :lol: :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#8 Re: Help Kids toys and tamperproof triangular screwdriver

Post by Daniel Quinn »

I have four children Norm . I often think it would have been more fun , had I been homosexual.
shane
Social outcast

#9 Re: Help Kids toys and tamperproof triangular screwdriver

Post by shane »

The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Nick
Site Admin

#10 Re: Help Kids toys and tamperproof triangular screwdriver

Post by Nick »

pre65 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:24 am What a mine of information you are Dennis. Is that a personal recommendation ? :lol: :lol:
The last decade called and suggested that someone’s sexuality is not seen as a source of insult any more.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#11 Re: Help Kids toys and tamperproof triangular screwdriver

Post by pre65 »

Nick wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:14 pm
pre65 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:24 am What a mine of information you are Dennis. Is that a personal recommendation ? :lol: :lol:
The last decade called and suggested that someone’s sexuality is not seen as a source of insult any more.
Not an insult, more like friendly banter. :)

Edmund Burke

Nick
Site Admin

#12 Re: Help Kids toys and tamperproof triangular screwdriver

Post by Nick »

pre65 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:59 pm
Nick wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:14 pm
Not an insult, more like friendly banter. :)
You may not be able to see it, but insult or banter, it still relies on there being a value judgement about sexuality.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#13 Re: Help Kids toys and tamperproof triangular screwdriver

Post by pre65 »

Nick wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:35 pm
You may not be able to see it, but insult or banter, it still relies on there being a value judgement about sexuality.
So should you issue an edict making the forum more politically correct ?

Does calling people "fecking eedyats" on the forum rely on there being a value judgement about a persons mental health ?

Edmund Burke

Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#14 Re: Help Kids toys and tamperproof triangular screwdriver

Post by Daniel Quinn »

O dear .

The point was the humour was premised on sexuality . You sound like Bernard Manning .

Suppose I had said Yes , why would that have been funny , it would have just been bloody awkward for you . The target of the humour - homosexuals it is not an appropriate topic for humour . I realise for you old men the world is moving on but do try and keep up without having to label change as PC .

Humour premised on people posting without thought or intelligence is to be actively encouraged in my view .
Last edited by Daniel Quinn on Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
Site Admin

#15 Re: Help Kids toys and tamperproof triangular screwdriver

Post by Nick »

pre65 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:52 pm
Nick wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:35 pm
So should you issue an edict making the forum more politically correct ?

Does calling people "fecking eedyats" on the forum rely on there being a value judgement about a persons mental health ?
As I said "You may not be able to see it".

Its nothing to do with being "politically correct" its to do with trying to combat age related bigotry.