simon
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by simon »

Owston Park Lodge DN6 9JG
richardcooper2k
Old Hand

Post by richardcooper2k »

steve s wrote:
richardcooper2k wrote:i think that will be the last weekend of the school easter holidays which we may be going abroad for so don't know about that date yet.
the second weekend would be more of a certainty for me. looks like i'm the odd man out :(
easter is the end of march.. i may be away at easter too...
as my better principled half is a teacher we can only go away during school holidays. in derbyshire the school terms have now been made equal lengths. this means that this year the two week 'easter break' ends on 20th april; so will be separate from the easter bank holiday weekend in march. not sure how this compares in other authorities and if it will effect other folk here
SimonC
Old Hand

Post by SimonC »

Hi Steve,

Please accept my apologies, I can't make it due to family commitments.

Hope you all have a great time. :)

Simon C
tony b
User

#34 owston meet

Post by tony b »

will try to be there steve good of you to organise as usual
Deco-Doctor
User

#35 Re: owston meet 19/20th april ?

Post by Deco-Doctor »

removed
Last edited by Deco-Doctor on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

Post by Scottmoose »

Thanks once again for organising Steve. I'll be there. Oh Yes. :^)
Attachments
dog.jpg
dog.jpg (11.54 KiB) Viewed 6787 times
'"That'll do," comes the cry of the perfectionist down the ages.' (James May The Reassembler)
Website www.wodendesign.com
Community sites www.frugal-horn.com & www.frugal-phile.com
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

It looks like both James and I are once again up for this. Nothing confirmed at the moment and would like to explore staying over options. Have any of you booked into the travel lodge? Seems a dear option at full price considering service and location. Any thoughts anyone?

Best wishes,

Greg
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

Post by The Stratmangler »

Hi Greg

Travel Lodge will give discounts if the room is booked far enough in advance (possibly up to 50% - don't quote me on that).

Chris :)
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

When I looked at the TL prices when Steve first posted the date, it was coming up at £40 a night, considerably more than last time (£25 I think), and as you then have the cost of your scrambled eggs to add to that it gets a bit excessive. Almost as much as the rooms near Eggfest that gave a lot more for the price.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

I probably have to pass on all meatings imminently for an unknown period due to working away.

Looks like for tinternet I'll be mostly relying on GPRS also limited.

I did look into the various monile phone company internet offerings but they are a bit too expensive, paying for gprs use on the mobile seems to be more viable.

These days it is impractical driving around hoping to find an open wifi network, everyone seems to be agin sharing.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by simon »

Paul,

I have unlimited internet access through tmobile for 7.50 a month on top of my contract - uses 3G or GPRS, whatever's available. I believe you can use your phone as a modem and connect a laptop too though I haven't done it. I think 3 do something similar too.

It's not cheap if you have to take a contract out too though.
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

Hi Chris,

That's the deal we got last year but currently it's not available at Doncaster. Available at locations 18 odd miles away but obviously what we are after is cheap pre booked accommodation to allow us to enjoy the social side with everyone on the Friday and Saturday night. Bristol is quite a long way down. I did a bit of a search this morning and there are other venues available in the Doncaster area at cheaper rates.

I suppose (considering local travelling and drinking/eating) knowing how many are going to be staying over will help us to form a plan. Maybe if those of you who want to stay over post which night(s) you want it'll give me an idea of numbers. I can then research available value B&B's and post back a suggested place to stay and meet up. What do you all think?

Best wishes,

Greg
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

If you are happy to do the legwork Greg that sounds like a good plan. At the moment I intend to stay over the usual Friday and Saturday nights.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Will
Old Hand

Post by Will »

Greg, Friday and Saturday night for me thanks.
Last year I paid £30 for 2 nights, I think 3 months in advance.
Wonder if the pub we were at does B&B.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

simon wrote:Paul,

I have unlimited internet access through tmobile for 7.50 a month on top of my contract - uses 3G or GPRS, whatever's available. I believe you can use your phone as a modem and connect a laptop too though I haven't done it. I think 3 do something similar too.

It's not cheap if you have to take a contract out too though.
I already have gprs access with my o2 orbit and Blackberry Pearl, I was talking about the broadband usb device the mobile phone companies are doing, they only give you a pathetic 1 gig or so with the basic contract and lock you in for 2 years.

I can surf with the phones but because web builders are such useless nurds the web is useless for phones. At the moment they have missed a huge market by a country mile.

Of course I'm useless too because I can't seem to get the puter to connect to the tinternet through either of the gprs enabled mobiles.