Fantasy hi-fi.

Subjects that don't have their own home
ed
retired

Post by ed »

andrew Ivimey wrote: There is something horribly wrong with the world we live in and conspicuous consumption is not a harmless bit of fun.

I could go on but I won't.
gosh omib, I wish I'd said that.....needless to say, I concur
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

I had to look up "omib" Image

It isn't "Outreach Ministry in Burnside"

Interesting bunch of stuff there Mr. P, but I'd worry how well it would work together

Reason for edit: identity crisis

Last edited by Mike H on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by andrew Ivimey »

you will Ed, you will! ;-) ek ek ek ek etc

but, to try to get in the spirit of things ... how much better is this stuff and surely half the fun is the fettling?!

OTOH I have a chum with a teres turntable. It is superb (though not without a few probs which are now sorted) and he is very happy with a Denon103R needle.
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

andrew Ivimey wrote:Odd as it may be, if I was stupidly rich, I don't think I'd have anything much better than what I have now - a little better sure; but the prices one pays for bling Hi-Fi are a bit silly and I doubt that I'd get that much better enjoyment than I do now.

There is something horribly wrong with the world we live in and conspicuous consumption is not a harmless bit of fun.

I could go on but I won't.
Andrew, I absolutely concur with your statement as well as your later response to Ed. We at last have something in agreement!

Ed, I don't understand 'omib' and an achronym search didn't leave me any the wiser. Please tell what it means!
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Ha! I take it as 'one mind in a billion' but then acronyms come thick and fast, so I have to take what I can get! :D
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Greg wrote:Ed, I don't understand 'omib' and an achronym search didn't leave me any the wiser. Please tell what it means!
I think it was One Mind In Billions

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#22 103R

Post by IslandPink »

Andrew
The Denon 103R may actually be the Fantasy HiFi choice.
I've just put the 103R back on after a few weeks using ( and experimenting with ) the Dynavector XX-2 II .
The 103R is the clear winner. Obviously more realistic presence, midrange tone, more dynamic, and even the treble is more natural .

I've read that the Dyna XV-1's sound like the XX-2 but better , so that makes me wonder if they are really that good .
The 103R ( to my ears ) now beats a Koetsu Red, Dyna XX-1L , Dyna XX-2, ZYX R-1000 Airy all of which I've had in the system long enough to get to know properly .

Only the Ortofon SPU or the EMT left I think to try , for me .
Maybe the Allaerts , but not easy to get cheap .

Must get back to the music now .

MJ
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
steve s
Shed dweller

Post by steve s »

I'm with andrew too

an amp that someone else had made would not be fun to me too

its nice to listen to others amps..

if i had enough money a bigger dedicated listening room and better workshop would me my choice....

anyway.. if i had anywhere near the ultmate hi fi, i'd be likely to get bored and take up another hobby...

so just messin suits me