Nothing In Particular

Subjects that don't have their own home
Greg
Social outcast

#11881 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Greg »

ed wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:51 am The very first time I've seen the RAF brothers show up on flightradar24. There were 2 hawks over the Yorkshire dales having done sorties around Scotland and half a dozen hawks over Snowdonia...

what's going on?
There is an RAF Training School at RAF Valley in Anglesey. They use Snowdonia for low level flight training in Hawks along the valleys between the mountains, particularly the Ogwen valley between the Glyder and Carnedd mountain ranges. Great when you are on the mountains and looking down on the Hawks as they pass through. I would imagine the Hawks in Yorkshire and Scotland are doing similar training.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#11882 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ali Tait »

Yes, used to get the same skiing at Glenshee. Not been for a long time but I imagine it's still the same.

I passed all the aptitude tests to be a fighter pilot when I were a lad, eyesight let me down in the end though. :(

I could have been a navigator, never was a good passenger, so turned it down.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#11883 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

Now my front hedges are gone I see more of what goes by, and a few minutes ago I spied an old London Transport single decker bus followed by a cloud of smoke.

I've seen it parked up at a local farm in the past but it's the first time I've seen it on the move.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#11884 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

Went up to bed around 22:00 last night and SWMBO noticed this on the curtains....
IMG_20200924_225643_copy_756x1008.jpg
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#11885 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by IslandPink »

Ah yes. I found one on the top stairs once - had flown in through the bathroom velux ( not 'protected by a silver spoon' ) .
Had to get a small towel to throw over it for fear of being bitten as i took it outside.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Ant
Shed dweller

#11886 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ant »

Got a few records over the past few weeks, new ones, as unfortunately russ who ran the indoor market stall record shop has had to give up due to illness.
Gave them all a clean on the moth as they were all static-y.
Then, after cleaning, i gave them a rinse. Never bothered before.
Reson being is that i read something on'tinternet that mentioned using rodi water as a rinse, which is filtered and then deionised. I fitted a rodi water filter a bit ago for the marine fish tank after we had the tank crash and kill everything in it, so i have rodi water on tap so to speak.
When i fitted the filter i was thinking of using the rodi water as a base for mixing up some diy cleaning fluid, it didnt occur to use it as a rinse.
Having cleaned one of the records with moth fluid, i rinsed one of the sides but not the other to see if i could tell any difference, and surprisingly, i think there was. It probably just got rid of some residual residue from the cleaning fluid, but from now on ill give them a rinse as well as a clean.
If i had to buy the water, which people do, i wouldnt have bothered, but with it being free, why not
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
Greg
Social outcast

#11887 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Greg »

Interesting, Ant. What’s you exact process? I’m wondering if you vacuum off the cleaning fluid, rinse with Rodi water and then vacuum again or just rinse the cleaning fluid off with the water and then vacuum.
Ant
Shed dweller

#11888 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ant »

Yep, just spray on the cleaning fluid and brush in, leave it to sit a minute to clean it, and vacuum off as usual. Then spray on the rodi water, brush in, leave it a minute and vacuum off.
Didnt expect anything, i thought it was a load of old rubbish to rinse it off tbh.
Maybe not. Just noticable enough for me to do it again
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
Greg
Social outcast

#11889 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Greg »

Thanks Ant. I’ll give your method a go next time the Okki Nokki is deployed.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#11890 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by simon »

ed wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:51 am The very first time I've seen the RAF brothers show up on flightradar24. There were 2 hawks over the Yorkshire dales having done sorties around Scotland and half a dozen hawks over Snowdonia...

what's going on?
If it weren't for this I'd probably have thought little more of it but yesterday around 1pm I noticed what looked like an AWACS aircraft overhead, the black disk on top type. Looked like it was circling to land. Don't think I've ever seen one before.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#11891 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ali Tait »

Bluddy fuming I am. It's my mothers' birthday today, I was supposed to be there to take her out for a meal but can't due to the new COVID rules in Scotland. So I ordered her some very nice flowers from a place in London- recommended in the Telegraph no less-to be delivered today. Discovered earlier on tracking them that they won't be delivered until Monday- not that they were going to tell me so.. Been round and round the garden with the shop and the courier who are doing the usual and blaming each other. They gave me a refund, but as I said, that's all very well but it doesn't get my mum her flowers on her birthday. :(

Appleyard Flowers BTW, don't use them!
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#11892 Influenzo

Post by IslandPink »

I don't know if anyone ( eg. Neal ) has seen these videos - I found them very interesting & entertaining. Start here and follow the story through !
I've always liked the 308, I sent off for brochures when I was a teenager ( still got that Ferrari brochure )
Not sure I'd be up for this sort of stress, even if I had £34k floating around doing nothing -
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Nick
Site Admin

#11893 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Nick »

I rather like Targa's
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
vinylspinner
User

#11894 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by vinylspinner »

I like the 512 berlinetta boxer, saw two of them at Bob Houghtons in Northleach when I did some work there several years back.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#11895 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

Ferraris and their ilk don't do a lot for me.

Even when I win the lottery I'm not likely to buy one.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)