Nothing In Particular

Subjects that don't have their own home
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10351 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass »

jack wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:59 am
Angry looking little so-and-so...
'course its looking angry, its away from Dirtfud and all its charms :)
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10352 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass »

Michael L wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:41 pm Dweezle Zappa is on tour this December ...
Whahey, excited trousers set to 'maximum', I'm going.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10353 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

jack wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:08 am We've a knackered, but extremely useful, Volvo estate from 2005...

Both main beams failed within a few days of each other. New bulbs were about £9 each - nothing wrong there...

...but it's a total b*tch to change them - Volvo charge £100 to change both (45 minutes work).

I did them in about an hour. You have to take the ECU housing, the airbox and the mass air sensor out - all very fiddly. Then you have to sod around completely blind in the back of the units to try to get the bulbs in and the stupid little spring clips in place. I found a video on YT (in Polish!) that explains how to do it.

What I also found was the remains of a mouse nest in the airbox and a filter in desperate need of being changed. It seems that when Volvo did the last service they simply didn't do some of the stuff that they said they did. Oil wasn't changed either - they just topped it up.

Madness.
FFS! Image

That thing about car bulbs, quite common on a lot of makes now. I dread having to do mine. Could be a bumper off job (aka the whole plastic front end of car [Renault Clio 3])

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Michael L
Old Hand

#10354 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Michael L »

Dave the bass wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:27 am
Michael L wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:41 pm Dweezle Zappa is on tour this December ...
When we went to see them at the Warwick Arts Centre some 5 years back it was one of the best gigs my son and I had been to. Even my Wife, who never listens to FZ at home enjoyed the stunning musicianship and professionalism. A must see if you appreciate good music.
Nick
Site Admin

#10355 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Nick »

Ditto. Just got to remember not to drop dead before December now.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10356 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass »

Nick wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:12 pm
Ditto. Just got to remember not to drop dead before December now.
Erks! Do you feel you need reminders'?
Nick
Site Admin

#10357 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Nick »

You know how it is, you are concentrating on one interesting thing, next thing you know, you have forgotten to metabolise for 10 minutes :-)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10358 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass »

OKey dokey. I'll try and help.

10.49PM.

METAOBILISE or die Nick!
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#10359 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

Screwfix,

I just checked my CC - the DeWalt saw & stand didn't show up as promised - they've "lost" the order...

However that hasn't stopped them charging my CC THREE TIMES for an order that they haven't delivered and can't find.

Pillocks.
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10360 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by IslandPink »

Dave the bass wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:50 pm METAOBILISE or die Nick!
Actually , it's 'der Nick'.
Hor hor !
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Michael L
Old Hand

#10361 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Michael L »

After a day listening to the neighbour's home alone dog in melt down from 9am in the adjoining semi I am entertaining said neighbours with some rather loud Frank Zappa - Zappa in New York. I wonder if anyone could recommend particularly interesting tracks.
I've tried the nice approach so Zappa it is. How dare you suggest my dog suffers separation anxiety she said. Anyone else got/had neighbour trouble?
We are stuck in a corner as we intend to move house.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10362 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

Reminds me of a story the other week, on the Chrissie Jackson show I think it was (BBC Norfolk), don't think it was mentioned how it all started but anyway this woman who's now desceased, she lived alone and obviously had some sort of really big miff with the neighours 'cause she had big speakers for her stereo turned facing up against the party wall, belting out The Laughing Policeman on endless repeat every day until 2 am for something like about 11 years

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Greg
Social outcast

#10363 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Greg »

Michael L wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:42 pm Anyone else got/had neighbour trouble?
Unfortunately, yes. We live in a conventional 4 up, 2 down family home cul-de-sac. We have two neighbours who drive us mad with their own and their tenants anti-social behaviour. Both of them have turned their family homes into multi occupancy premises, renting out rooms. One of them owns three houses in the street. This couple also function with mental health issues and are totally oblivious of consideration for their neighbours. I’ll not go into detail here because it’ll just wind me up, but I understand completely your desire to move. I am inclined the same way although I would need to give up advantages such as the tariff our solar panels generate which still has 17 years to run and affectively pays for our annual fuel use. Nevertheless, we may make the sacrifice and move just to get a bit of peace. Trouble is, things always change. This place was fine for several years after we moved in and we have been here for 35 years. Newer residents change things. Having been an Anti-Social Behaviour Case Worker for the local authority after a 30 year police career, I know that current legislation is inadequate to deal with the problem, so it is put up, shut up or move.

Pity you’re not coming to Owston. We could have thrashed this out and made for ourselves some good therapy.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10364 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

AAHHH!! Throw open the windows and breathe in the ..... smell of the fertilizer blowing off of the fields ...

It's a touch ripe! :D

Michael L
Old Hand

#10365 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Michael L »

Greg wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:28 pm
Michael L wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:42 pm Anyone else got/had neighbour trouble?
Unfortunately, yes. We live in a conventional 4 up, 2 down family home cul-de-sac. We have two neighbours who drive us mad with their own and their tenants anti-social behaviour. Both of them have turned their family homes into multi occupancy premises, renting out rooms. One of them owns three houses in the street. This couple also function with mental health issues and are totally oblivious of consideration for their neighbours. I’ll not go into detail here because it’ll just wind me up, but I understand completely your desire to move. I am inclined the same way although I would need to give up advantages such as the tariff our solar panels generate which still has 17 years to run and affectively pays for our annual fuel use. Nevertheless, we may make the sacrifice and move just to get a bit of peace. Trouble is, things always change. This place was fine for several years after we moved in and we have been here for 35 years. Newer residents change things. Having been an Anti-Social Behaviour Case Worker for the local authority after a 30 year police career, I know that current legislation is inadequate to deal with the problem, so it is put up, shut up or move.

Pity you’re not coming to Owston. We could have thrashed this out and made for ourselves some good therapy.
Yes I would like to come to Owston again but it coincides with our annual trip to Poland. We like to go before the school holidays start there. It gets very busy on the Baltic coast as everyone heads for the seaside. I have in mind some therapy for the dog involving our Kenwood plus mincer attachment. I think you should move Greg. It's a strain and none too healthy over time.