Nothing In Particular

Subjects that don't have their own home
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#10336 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

Random picture taken on Monday at Rolvenden whilst on a short (25 mile) ride...
IMG_20190422_143617_crop_604x429.jpg
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10337 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

:thumbleft:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10338 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

One is a BSA A10 Gold Flash, the other is possibly a BSA B40.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10339 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

More random pictures, viz gratuitous tree blossom photos (while their in bloom), this is Boston crematorium gardens, each tree was planted to commemorate a deceased person, or often a couple or even three. This was yesterday, I've been into the cemetary several times but only just discovered this part.
-
-
Boston Crematorium_2496c.jpg
-
-
Boston Crematorium_2500c.jpg
-
-
Boston Crematorium_2501c.jpg
-

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10340 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

Mike H wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:35 pm I've been into the cemetery several times but only just discovered this part.
Are you looking for a nice plot for when Mr G Reaper calls ? :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10341 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

No, :D it's just a short cut (sort of) if walking into the town and back - we did it when we had to go to the estate agent to get the keys. (?) But it's also very like a park and just a pretty place.

IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10342 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by IslandPink »

We've just been getting some PROPER rain over here. Only started about 3 hours ago, but when I came out of work the roads were awash, car's headlights on, got soaked just getting to the car. Definitely needed, though.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Michael L
Old Hand

#10343 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Michael L »

One of my favourite artists - Dweezle Zappa is on tour this December but the nearest he is playing to me is at the Town Hall in Birmingham. Once bitten twice shy - saw him there a few years back and the sound was a congested muddle thanks to the poor acoustics of the venue. I was wondering if anyone on here knew how Manchester's Palace Theatre fares sound wise.

Received this email

Hi Everyone,
I’m celebrating the 50th anniversary of my father’s daredevil album Hot Rats. Fun fact, the album was dedicated to me by my dad in 1969. The 50-year-old classic album will be surrounded by an assortment of other psychedelic, avant-garde odd metered toe-tappers well known to Zappa aficionados as well as being equally exciting for music fans new to my dad's music.

I am planning to do a faithful DNA level audio reproduction on tour. Hot Rats showcases some of my dad’s most intriguing orchestration and album production so this will be quite a challenge. In order to recreate the guitar sounds as closely as possible I will be employing a unique gold top Les Paul just like the one my dad used to make the album. Is it the actual guitar he used? It could be… Anyway, I’m taking it on tour! Shows will take place in the US and Canada as well as the UK and Europe throughout 2019 and into 2020.
Me and my "rocking teenage combo” will be performing Hot Rats in sequence live on stage as well as a bunch of other curated “Hot Stuff.” All of the incredibly talented musicians in my band will continue to help me honor my father's music and display it in a fresh context. As always I endeavor to maintain my father's impeccable sonic heritage.
The Hot Rats album as well as other material from my dad's huge body of work is still as alive and relevant today as it was when it was composed.
Don’t miss out on Dweezil Zappa’s unique recreation of Hot Rats and other Hot Stuff this year!
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10344 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass »

Phwooooooooooaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr! I want some Dweezil Hot Rats action too, they're at the RFH.
Ta for the heads-up Micheal.
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10345 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by IslandPink »

Why oh why no date at Venue Cymru in Llandudno ! ?
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#10346 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10347 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass »

IslandPink wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:34 pm Why oh why no date at Venue Cymru in Llandudno ! ?
Wails, different country innits?!
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10348 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass »

jack wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:00 am One for DtB...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01sby2t
Ta Nick, Whahey! Dirtfuds own budgie on R4!

A while back we were on Hols down near Wool and went to RSPB Arne which is one of the few places where 'our' Warblers hang-out now. We didn't see any but jotted down in the RSPB visitors book that we'd driven "from Dartford to get 'our' Birds back" :)
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#10349 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

Dave the bass wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:59 am
jack wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:00 am One for DtB...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01sby2t
Ta Nick, Whahey! Dirtfuds own budgie on R4!

A while back we were on Hols down near Wool and went to RSPB Arne which is one of the few places where 'our' Warblers hang-out now. We didn't see any but jotted down in the RSPB visitors book that we'd driven "from Dartford to get 'our' Birds back" :)
Angry looking little so-and-so...
p01jx42q.jpg
p01jx42q.jpg (22.83 KiB) Viewed 7432 times
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#10350 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

We've a knackered, but extremely useful, Volvo estate from 2005...

Both main beams failed within a few days of each other. New bulbs were about £9 each - nothing wrong there...

...but it's a total b*tch to change them - Volvo charge £100 to change both (45 minutes work).

I did them in about an hour. You have to take the ECU housing, the airbox and the mass air sensor out - all very fiddly. Then you have to sod around completely blind in the back of the units to try to get the bulbs in and the stupid little spring clips in place. I found a video on YT (in Polish!) that explains how to do it.

What I also found was the remains of a mouse nest in the airbox and a filter in desperate need of being changed. It seems that when Volvo did the last service they simply didn't do some of the stuff that they said they did. Oil wasn't changed either - they just topped it up.

Madness.