Nothing In Particular

Subjects that don't have their own home
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#8746 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Aliens have arrived in Cardington Beds ...
Attachments
resized_alien.jpg
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
ed
retired

#8747 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by ed »

area 51 Cardington

aliens been there for years, didn't you know?

real area 51 is just down the road at Chicksands, I think thats where the aliens escaped from originally...
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8748 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass »

"Frank...Frank......its the Blimp!"

"The Drazy hoops!... the Drazy hoops!".

(etc).
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8749 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by IslandPink »

Dave, when I see you floatin’ down the gutter
I’ll give you a bottle o' wine
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
andrew Ivimey

#8750 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I remember reading about that area 51 thing a good few years ago. Imagine my surprise when I discovered it to be a local hoax thst got to the good old US of A and they really took it seriously.

Chicksands us a much reduced and run down but stillextant RAF base. The aluen bodies that were found I though were discovered near the old Bedford testvtrack near the village of Lidlington. The bodies were made in the old scout hut...
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
ed
retired

#8751 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by ed »

ah memories...

we, the gang(ne'er do well hippy types), went to Chicksands for the 200 year celebrations in 1976...never forget it, they played bongo fury over the tannoy system at one point and lots of the host service chaps were jigging about without a clue to the meaning of the lyrics...I really learned about irony that day.

It was also the first time I encountered microwave ovens, there were a few dotted about with great big signs next to them warning anybody with a heart pacemaker to keep well away.

I haven't been back for a while but I believe the early warning array is still there. I have a good friend who is the warden for the woods at the north end of the site.

diet: should have qualified that, Chicksands was a front line USAF early warning radar base during the cold war and for 20 years after.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8752 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass »

IslandPink wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:43 pm Dave, when I see you floatin’ down the gutter
I’ll give you a bottle o' wine
Ta! Arf!
shane
Social outcast

#8753 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by shane »

Took the dog up onto Hanger Down behind Ivybridge a couple of days ago. Nice view over toward Modbury and Salcombe.

The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
andrew Ivimey

#8754 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by andrew Ivimey »

That's right Ed (about Chicksands) RAF Henlow is next door.

Sounds like an adventure - lashings of ginger beer!
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8755 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass »

Whats the world coming to when you're not allowed to decompose when operating your new Timing light?
andrew Ivimey

#8756 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by andrew Ivimey »

It's a rum do and no mistaking!
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8757 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass »

Also, at a local pub today a Uke band turned up for a gig, they were setting up the PA and the bassist pulls out this...

Those mahoosive fat strings reminded me of a 'thing' called the Ashbory bass from the mid 80's, I played one once and it was awful. I got chatting to the owner and he asked "wanna go?", so I did, it was flippin' great in fact through the PA. Sounded like a floppy dubba bass, it's fretless too but I could play it (rare).

It had such a great sound, impressed of Dartford.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8758 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

:thumbleft: (both)

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#8759 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

We lost our much-loved German Short-haired Pointer last weekend - SWMBO and I were in Fujairah (UAE) when we got a call from #1 son to say that Charlie had collapsed. I made the decision so that SWMBO and the kids didn't have to...

He was old, but in excellent general condition - GSPs normally only live to 13, but Charlie was nearly 14 and in great shape... until he collapsed on Friday. He was a rescue dog - we got him at 2 and he then had 12 wonderful years with us, growing up with the kids and having a ball - lots of fun & open countryside. The vet was very clear about the options - none were good.

His sidekick, Tilly (Russel x Border Terrier), and the rest of the family will miss him terribly...
Charlie 1.png
Charlie 2.png
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
shane
Social outcast

#8760 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by shane »

Commiserations, Nick. Losing a much loved family pet is always hard, especially when you have to make the decision yourself.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.