Nothing In Particular

Subjects that don't have their own home
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8461 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass »

pre65 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:20 pm I went for a dental check up and clean today.
Can't you just send your choppers via the post to get them sandblasted? Heheheheheheheheh (etc)
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
thomas
Old Hand

#8462 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by thomas »

pre65 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:20 pm I went for a dental check up and clean today.

The new hygienist now uses an ultrasonic and water device to clean the crap out, modern eh ?

Probably old hat with Thomas. :lol:
Oooh... that's me..!

Well yes, the ultrasonic is pretty essential, disrupts the biofilm and cleans pretty effectively....but old fashioned handscalers good for fine detail, I find.....
shane
Social outcast

#8463 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by shane »

My dentist uses one of those. Very clever device, but it's s shame they didn't include a warm water feed.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8464 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

pre65 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:51 pm
Mike H wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:28 pm next door's cat brought me a present. A dead shrew. Image
How nice. :lol:

It's officially stopped being funny now. Image

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8465 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

Mike H wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:45 am
pre65 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:51 pm
Mike H wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:28 pm next door's cat brought me a present. A dead shrew. Image
How nice. :lol:

It's officially stopped being funny now. Image
Have another drink Mike. :lol: :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8466 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

And I was going to be good and have a teetotal day.

:lol:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#8467 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by jack »

Apparently the first of many - the listing makes interesting reading. Anyone live in or near Austin Texas?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/112548624241
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8468 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

Crikey! :shock:

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8469 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by pre65 »

Be careful next time you use the lavatory. :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-41122975
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Ant
Shed dweller

#8470 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Ant »

Oddness. Is that a word? Dunno, if its not it should be.
Oddness because we have had a new electric meter fitted this morning as the old one would not connect to the smart meter and had been playing up for ages. They sent me 2 new smart meters and they wouldn't connect either. I even got a call last month for a meter reading as it hadn't sent the reading to the supplier.

The bloke who fitted it said the early ones had some issues, mine was fitted Feb 2016.

Upshot is that the guy has fitted a meter that isnt a smart meter, just a bog standard one, as he said the meter itsself and the extra box which was in there and I presume was the bit that transmitted data to the smart meter and the supplier both had faults. And predictably
He didnt have both bits on his van, he'd already used the ones he had on earlier jobs and did I mind awfully if he used a standard one which he did have to get the power back on.... They are coming back to fit a completely new setup in a few days

Oddly, the hifi now sounds better. And my WiFi Internet connections to all the crap connected to it ( kids computers upstairs, mac, phones ect) now have a faster connection, especially the upstairs stuff that would drop out all the time.

The meter was in the built in cupboard that the hifi sits on the top of, so it was very close to it all, 2 feet away at the most. it must have been constantly pinging away trying to connect to the smart meter and failing, on the 2.4 ghz band, interfering with everything.

Glad to see the back of the bloody thing, didnt make a blind bit of difference to my bills..... Wonder if i can tell them not to bother coming back with the new smart setup
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8471 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

Oddness is a word according to the dictionaries. :thumbleft:

I'm trying to resist getting a smart meter for as long as possible.

Last month sometime I submitted meter readings, then went away on one of my trips. Couple of days in, I got an email saying "there was a problem on the web site, can you submit the numbers again within 24 hours". No I can't, I won't be back home (where the PC is) until end of the week and don't have the numbers with me. (If I could do it on 'phone.)

2nd attempt, did it all again from scratch couple of weeks ago and completed successfully. Upshot is I'm now currently paying less than half a month than what they had been estimating. :shock:

It'll all go up again come winter of course. :D

I am reminded some while ago there was actually a bloke come round to read the meters, which are accessible outside so didn't need me to be in or talk to me. Was a while ago tho, since which they keep estimating.

Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8472 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Mike H »

Video test #2:

Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8473 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass »

Filmed in 'Gommit-Vision'! :)
shane
Social outcast

#8474 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by shane »

Looks like you might need some sort of anti-vibration mount.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8475 Re: Nothing In Particular

Post by Dave the bass »

shane wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:51 pm Looks like you might need some sort of anti-vibration mount.
....and the camera too maybe? Arf!