The Quackery Thread

Subjects that don't have their own home
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#271 Re: The Quackery Thread

Post by Scottmoose »

Well, I like the lizzard. I'll pass on the rest.
'"That'll do," comes the cry of the perfectionist down the ages.' (James May The Reassembler)
Website www.wodendesign.com
Community sites www.frugal-horn.com & www.frugal-phile.com
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#272 Re: The Quackery Thread

Post by Ray P »

Irene Idler wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:09 pmLooks like a nice jumprope to me.
Is that what we call a skipping rope over here? :)
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Irene Idler
User

#273 Re: The Quackery Thread

Post by Irene Idler »

Ray P wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:16 pm Is that what we call a skipping rope over here? :)
It is indeed. I can't WAIT to find out how much they intend to charge for this rubbish.
"Hey, you know the rules, baby. If you wanna PLAY funky, you gotta SMELL funky." -- Mike Troutman
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#274 Re: The Quackery Thread

Post by jack »

These might have been seen before, but IMHO as an exemplar of unadulterated shite, this take some beating...

http://bybeetech.com
Some complete tosser wrote:Jack Bybee’s Quantum Purifiers were originally developed for military applications, many of which are still highly classified. These amazing devices have been used for years by knowledgeable audio and video enthusiasts to reach levels of signal purity and transparency unattainable prior to their introduction.
Their brother, also without blinking and without a hint of bollocks wrote:Within any playback system, musical and visual information is transmitted by electrons flowing through conductors. As electrons interact with the conductive materials of cables and circuits, very low-level (quantum) noises are generated. As quantum noise energy accumulates in the propagating signal, low-level details pertaining to ambience, soundstage, timbre, dynamics, color fidelity and picture resolution are obscured, robbing the presentation of vividness and life.
Not satisfied, they then wrote:Bybee Quantum Purifiers operate on the quantum mechanical level to regulate the flow of electrons that make up the signal (picture a metering light regulating freeway traffic flow). Current flow within the Quantum Purifier is unimpeded and ideal (think of the unencumbered flow of traffic on a lightly traveled expressway). During transit through the Quantum Purifier, quantum noise energy is stripped off the electrons, streamlining their flow through ensuing conductors. Unwanted quantum noise energy dissipates as heat within the Quantum Purifier rather than emerging as a layer of contamination residue over the audio/video information.

The benefits of this process extend beyond the physical length of the Quantum Purifier. As electrons speed through the purifier, a “slipstream” effect is formed which facilitates current flow in the surrounding conductors of the playback system. Introducing Bybee Quantum Purification into the electron path reduces quantum noise and increases signal velocity, resulting in performance improvement beyond what is attainable by any cable alone, no matter how well designed.
This astonishing pantheon of drivel continues, but I cannot cut-n-paste more without being physically sick.

See http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everythi ... lysis.html for over 150 pages of ramblings on this wonder...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
Ant
Shed dweller

#275 Re: The Quackery Thread

Post by Ant »

How on earth does anyone get sucked in to believing this crap!
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#276 Re: The Quackery Thread

Post by The Stratmangler »

It is nonsense, but it's a damned site less dangerous than the beliefs some folks hold 8)
Chris :happy3:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#277 Re: The Quackery Thread

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Who are having a dig at now, you really are an odd person.
ed
retired

#278 Re: The Quackery Thread

Post by ed »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:26 pm Who are having a dig at now, you really are an odd person.
steady on, he might have been referring to Kim Jong Un or even Donald Trump.....wouldn't make him an odd person in my book.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#279 Re: The Quackery Thread

You think that is likely, remember there is history. He left calling me all the insults he could, and now he is back. Doesn't take Sherlock Holmes.
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#280 Re: The Quackery Thread

It's nothing to do with you Princess, so don't fret.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#281 Re: The Quackery Thread

I didn't say it was, what I said is you have history of doing arse things, so just wondered who is getting up your arse now. As I said you are very strange fellow. So who is it, lets have your bile, or is that and the insults just reserved for me.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#282 Re: The Quackery Thread

Post by IslandPink »

Have you got any plans of contributing to audio discussions, Richard, or is it just going to be this sort of crap ?
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#283 Re: The Quackery Thread

Who started the off topic crap them - me!

Get on his back then.

You have had loads of audio stuff from me, you must be blind not to see it. Just look at the insults this arse leaves me and calls me Princess, which is laughable and the level of the school playground.

Nick wouldn't play with him and boot me so he flounced off like a schoolgirl, now he is back :roll:

You lot really need to look at where the crap starts.
The Stratmangler
Shed dweller

#284 Re: The Quackery Thread

To echo what Mark has posted, have you got any plans of contributing to audio discussions, Princess, or is it just going to be this sort of crap?
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#285 Re: The Quackery Thread

Post by pre65 »

Have you got any plans of contributing to audio discussions, Richard, or is it just going to be this sort of crap ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)