Oh no Tim Brooke-Taylor

IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#1 Oh no Tim Brooke-Taylor

Post by IslandPink »

The virus claims another victim.
https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/cele ... 12831.html
Radio comedy will be poorer in the coming years.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#2 Re: Oh no Tim Brooke-Taylor

Post by jack »

IslandPink wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:23 pm The virus claims another victim.
Not necessarily so. He had the virus when he died. Doesn't mean it killed him. Perspective is important.
Radio comedy will be poorer in the coming years.
Totally agree. Very sad - Use to love the Goodies (though, when looking at the repeats, it's total crap).
ISIHAC won't be the same...

Jeremy Hardy - another huge loss...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#3 Re: Oh no Tim Brooke-Taylor

Post by IslandPink »

Well this is what I read earlier , forgive me if I didn't consider all the medical nuance on this :

Comedian Jack Dee, the current host of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue, said: "It has come as devastating news to hear that Tim has succumbed to this dreadful virus - especially when we all thought he was recovering."
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#4 Re: Oh no Tim Brooke-Taylor

Post by jack »

IslandPink wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:50 pm Well this is what I read earlier , forgive me if I didn't consider all the medical nuance on this :

Comedian Jack Dee, the current host of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue, said: "It has come as devastating news to hear that Tim has succumbed to this dreadful virus - especially when we all thought he was recovering."
Apologies. You may well have a point with TBT. He wasn't recorded as having any underlying conditions, just was in a vulnerable age group...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#5 Re: Oh no Tim Brooke-Taylor

Post by mainscablesrus »

The press like to sensationalize anything to do with the virus, we will probably never know if he died because of it, just like Eddie Large who went in for a heart problem, died and because he had caught the virus while in there they said that's what he died of which is crap.

Ecky Thump made me cry with laughter in the day.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Greg
Social outcast

#6 Re: Oh no Tim Brooke-Taylor

Post by Greg »

mainscablesrus wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:24 pm The press like to sensationalize anything to do with the virus, we will probably never know if he died because of it, just like Eddie Large who went in for a heart problem, died and because he had caught the virus while in there they said that's what he died of which is crap.
Dave, Eddie Large lived near Bristol. His death was widely covered in the local press including interviews with his wife and son. He had a heart transplant 18 years ago and was recently admitted to hospital because of a heart problem. There was no expectation or no apparent prognosis that he might die as a result of this complaint, however whilst in hospital, he contracted a COVID-19 infection. The comorbidity of his heart condition undermined his ability to fight the infection leading to his death. I have no doubt that the first cause of death recorded on his death certificate will be COVID-19 infection and the secondary cause would be chronic heart complications.

Tim Brooke-Taylor, apart from his age of 79 had no known comorbidities. He contracted COVID-19 as a singular infection. Initially his progress through the infection went well to the point that he was showing signs of recovery, when his recovery succumbed followed by his death. It is an acknowledged fact that persons infected with this virus can show signs of improvement and then rapidly deteriorate. Remember our own Paul Barker who contracted the disease, kept us informed of his progress and at one point claiming he was recovering only to be knocked back by the pneumonia type problems later. Thankfully Paul came through it ok.

I and I’m sure others find your rather glib attitude towards the Coronavirus Pandemic rather distasteful. Expressing your views here as you do does you no good service. Remember, many of the members here are within the vulnerable group either because of age or other conditions they carry (like me because I am a fat bastard). I hope you or no-one close to you ever suffers a COVID-19 infection, but sadly there is a probability you/they will. I hope before such an event might happen, you have rethought the situation and take it all a lot more seriously. Yes, the press like to sensationalise a story, but the reality is, the story is so sensationally sad.
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#7 Re: Oh no Tim Brooke-Taylor

Post by mainscablesrus »

Greg wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:24 pm
mainscablesrus wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:24 pm The press like to sensationalize anything to do with the virus, we will probably never know if he died because of it, just like Eddie Large who went in for a heart problem, died and because he had caught the virus while in there they said that's what he died of which is crap.
Dave, Eddie Large lived near Bristol. His death was widely covered in the local press including interviews with his wife and son. He had a heart transplant 18 years ago and was recently admitted to hospital because of a heart problem. There was no expectation or no apparent prognosis that he might die as a result of this complaint, however whilst in hospital, he contracted a COVID-19 infection. The comorbidity of his heart condition undermined his ability to fight the infection leading to his death. I have no doubt that the first cause of death recorded on his death certificate will be COVID-19 infection and the secondary cause would be chronic heart complications.

Tim Brooke-Taylor, apart from his age of 79 had no known comorbidities. He contracted COVID-19 as a singular infection. Initially his progress through the infection went well to the point that he was showing signs of recovery, when his recovery succumbed followed by his death. It is an acknowledged fact that persons infected with this virus can show signs of improvement and then rapidly deteriorate. Remember our own Paul Barker who contracted the disease, kept us informed of his progress and at one point claiming he was recovering only to be knocked back by the pneumonia type problems later. Thankfully Paul came through it ok.

I and I’m sure others find your rather glib attitude towards the Coronavirus Pandemic rather distasteful. Expressing your views here as you do does you no good service. Remember, many of the members here are within the vulnerable group either because of age or other conditions they carry (like me because I am a fat bastard). I hope you or no-one close to you ever suffers a COVID-19 infection, but sadly there is a probability you/they will. I hope before such an event might happen, you have rethought the situation and take it all a lot more seriously. Yes, the press like to sensationalise a story, but the reality is, the story is so sensationally sad.
Greg you do type bollox at times, how you can ascertain I have a glib attitude to a killer from one sentence is quite astounding. This thread is for ranting, if you want to go on a a sermon about the virus maybe start your own Covid-19 advice thread.
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#8 Re: Oh no Tim Brooke-Taylor

Post by pre65 »

mainscablesrus wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:37 pm
This thread is for ranting,
Fair point.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Greg
Social outcast

#9 Re: Oh no Tim Brooke-Taylor

Post by Greg »

No this thread is not for ranting, it is the News thread, sub thread Tim Brooke-Taylor. You have previously posted on another thread with this glib attitude. My further reading of the forum suggests at last you are starting to take things more seriously. You are in no position to accuse me of posting bollocks. You do it frequently and all I wrote in my previous response was factual. I was calling you in. It seems appropriately.

Philip, I think you just got confused. Easy at your age :wink:
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#10 Re: Oh no Tim Brooke-Taylor

Post by pre65 »

Greg wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:55 pm
Fair point. :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#11 Re: Oh no Tim Brooke-Taylor

Post by mainscablesrus »

Greg wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:55 pm No this thread is not for ranting, it is the News thread, sub thread Tim Brooke-Taylor. You have previously posted on another thread with this glib attitude. My further reading of the forum suggests at last you are starting to take things more seriously. You are in no position to accuse me of posting bollocks. You do it frequently and all I wrote in my previous response was factual. I was calling you in. It seems appropriately.

I have taken the virus seriously since day 1 dude, to infer otherwise is as I said earlier bollox.