Richard Dunn RIP

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#1 Richard Dunn RIP

Post by pre65 »

From HFS forum.

Richard Dunn
Unread post by terrybooth » Fri May 31, 2019 9:10 am

Nadia has asked me to tell you all that Richard has died after a short illness.

His funeral service took place yesterday at Eltham Crematorium. Nadia's wishes were that this should be kept private.

He leaves a legacy which will no doubt be described in response to this news. For me it is a legacy of music, ideas and a community which is, to some extent, embodied in this forum but those who new him in person will know there was much more.

Richard's passing, it does without saying, was not expected. However, NVA and this forum will continue. Richard had passed on a good deal of his construction knowledge to others who have been, for some time now, working with Richard to manufacture product. All existing orders are being fulfilled. A group of us are forming to work out future arrangements.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#2 Re: Richard Dunn RIP

Post by Cressy Snr »

Yes,
Sad news indeed.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Scottmoose
Needs to get out more

#3 Re: Richard Dunn RIP

Post by Scottmoose »

I'm sorry to hear that. We might not have seen eye to eye, but I'm always sorry to hear of someone passing. My condolences to his family and friends.
'"That'll do," comes the cry of the perfectionist down the ages.' (James May The Reassembler)
Website www.wodendesign.com
Community sites www.frugal-horn.com & www.frugal-phile.com
karatestu
User

#4 Re: Richard Dunn RIP

Post by karatestu »

Very sad, although i have known for a while. I am going to miss him .
:bigsmurf:
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#5 Re: Richard Dunn RIP

Post by Paul Barker »

Never a good time for anyone. Never got involved with him or followed the heated discussions with him here that as an outsider I didn’t comprehend. The world has lost a mind with a different approach that stimulated all our thinking.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
DSJR
User

#6 Re: Richard Dunn RIP

Post by DSJR »

Very sad. Talking to friends of his at the funeral, we agreed that there was a gentler and more humorous side to him that rarely made it to forum-land sadly, as his guard was always up.