Nebo 8

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#16 Re: Nebo 8

Post by pre65 »

I went to a kiddies birthday party earlier today (Jeans grandson -aged 2) at the Play Barn in Birkenshaw.

A good time was had by all, but the food part was for kiddies only. :(

Had to make do with a carvery at the Silver Birch. :)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#17 Re: Nebo 8

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Butter.... Lard!!! aaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - despair and very serious indigestion - where's the gaviscon? Where's the fire extinguisher?

Carvery! I'd rather ...
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#18 Re: Nebo 8

Post by pre65 »

[quote="andrew Ivimey"
Carvery! I'd rather ...
[/quote]

cut off my penis with a rusty knife ? :lol:

Edmund Burke

andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#19 Re: Nebo 8

Post by andrew Ivimey »

already done squire, already done!
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Progmeister
User

#20 Re: Nebo 8

Post by Progmeister »

Please note that i no longer organize NEBO. I merely posted here by way of networking the event to interested people. For invites or such likes please contact Rich Britton (Britpop) as he is now the man at the helm. He is by far a stronger man than me and much more able to deal with the silliness that goes on. BTW, I have no idea what the majority of the replies are all about here. As for the Doc, he is who he is. I don't know the chap and care to put the my dealings with him behind me what ever his views about me are. I wish him the best of luck with NVA and refuse to become embroiled in any conflict with him or between he and third parties. I very rarely post here and just thought that some of the members here might have been interested to know about NEBO 8 because it's a cracking day out for audio enthusiast.
"People turn to poison quicker than lager turns to piss". JCC. :D
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#21 Re: Nebo 8

Post by Ali Tait »

Hi Steve, the food related posts are an "in" thing here, we derail impending arguments by talking about food. :D

Thanks for posting mate, looking forward to it myself.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#22 Re: Nebo 8

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

But how can you recommend it and ask for members here to attend if it is invite only and you personally don't give the invites anymore. All you have done is create confusion. If it was a public show I could understand it, but according to AoS it is not, it is invite only. I cannot ask for invite at AoS as I am banned, I twice emailed the address of *the person* who now lists his email as being in charge of Nebo 8 (who I had quite obviously presumed was you) and rudely received no reply, so the appearance of (again what I presumed) is the man who runs it and asking members here to attend, and I am a member here, then I am perfectly within my rights to ask if I *may* attend. So the least you could have done to avoid confusion is explain that and give a link or contact to the man who issues the invites. Or are you saying for audio-talk members it is just turn up.

All I need is someone who is in charge to say yes or no, and the same would apply to any member here in an invite only event.

I seriously couldn't give a sod whether you or anyone else likes me, and I really do not understand why it is so important to you to say so. If you are who I think you are I don't dislike you, I think IMO you have been a bit daft, but that just adds to my amusement. I wish you no harm and I am sure I would enjoy your company, if you can get over the tossing of toys out of the pram as shown here.

By the way full Chinese banquet tonight here, http://www.silkspalace.com.tw/ with the owner and senior staff of my PCB maker. So much food it frightened me. I ate lots of soft shell crab.
Last edited by Dr Bunsen Honeydew on Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael L
Old Hand

#23 Re: Nebo 8

Post by Michael L »

Reheating home made cottage pie tonight. Not the height of luxury but nice and quick after a couple of hours changing outer covers on some of my lp collection.
I realise I have more Neil Young than anyone else - pity Mrs L doesn't like him much.

Edit - I mean than anyone else I have!
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#24 Re: Nebo 8

Post by pre65 »

Cottage pie eh. :)

Makes me feel hungry thinking about it.

Bread and butter pudding to follow would be divine. :D

Edmund Burke

Nick
Site Admin

#25 Re: Nebo 8

Post by Nick »

Steve has asked I change his username from NEBO MAN to Progmiester, which I have done.

Steve: There is a problem with your mail config, I tried emailing you to say I have changed you name as asked, but progmister.com points to a server that doesnt know of your user.

Code: Select all

telnet progmeister.com 25
Trying 188.64.184.178...
Connected to progmeister.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220-apple.ukhost4u.com ESMTP Exim 4.88 #1 Sat, 04 Mar 2017 20:10:00 +0000 
220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited, 
220 and/or bulk e-mail.
helo mail.lurcher.org
250 apple.ukhost4u.com Hello mail.lurcher.org [217.34.199.121]
MAIL From: nick@lurcher.org
250 OK
RCPT To: steve@progmeister.com
550 No Such User Here
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Progmeister
User

#26 Re: Nebo 8

Post by Progmeister »

That email is now defunct Nick. My email has been changed in my profile earlier. Hope this is helpful.

Regards

Steve
Last edited by Progmeister on Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#27 Re: Nebo 8

Post by pre65 »

Steve,be best if delete your Email address and send it to Nick on a PM.

Not good to display it in public. :(

Edmund Burke

mainscablesrus
Old Hand

#28 Re: Nebo 8

Post by mainscablesrus »

pre65 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:42 pm Steve,be best if delete your Email address and send it to Nick on a PM.

Not good to display it in public. :(
Who cares anyway?

david@mcru.co.uk nerrrhhhh! LOL
You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Progmeister
User

#29 Re: Nebo 8

Post by Progmeister »

?
SteveH
User

#30 Re: Nebo 8

Post by SteveH »

Posting while DIC of a keyboard? :D