Nebo 8

Progmeister
User

#1 Nebo 8

Post by Progmeister »

Just to let you know that Nebo 8 will take place on Saturday 6th of May 2017 at 10am onwards at The George Hotel on Durham & Tees valley airport. The venue looks like the best yet. :D
"People turn to poison quicker than lager turns to piss". JCC. :D
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#2 Re: Nebo 8

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Send me an invite then, or can I just turn up.
Greg
Social outcast

#3 Re: Nebo 8

Post by Greg »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:38 pm Send me an invite then, or can I just turn up.
Ha Ha! Your response is unreasonably aggressive considering the off forum history and is probably intended to upset or unsettle the poster. But then..............you said...................
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:17 pmI never start conflict and never have done, I respond to conflict imposed on me. I don't lie down, I take the attitude "well someone wants a fight, so I might as well enjoy it". Enemies or friends, why not get some fun from the process.
What a hypocrit!

Sorry, regular AT readers. There is some other forum history here. Doesn't alter the fact, though.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#4 Re: Nebo 8

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Well you will have to explain that bloody nonsense, and not just to me, has your brain finally lost it. He lists an event, I ask to attend, he can say yes or no. Where is the conflict in that. I have tried twice to email him for an invite as he asks for that and no reply, so I try again.

Seriously you should get someone to look at what is going on in your brain about me, it can't be doing you any good. We caught you in product interference and as a liar, you can't get out of it, put up with it. Best thing would be an apology and then leave me alone.
Greg
Social outcast

#5 Re: Nebo 8

Post by Greg »

Oh, just saw your reply but I'm so tired, just want to get my head down. I would have responded but don't have it in me now. I'll have a good sleep and come back when I've completed all my other daily routines, tomorrow.
Michael L
Old Hand

#6 Re: Nebo 8

Post by Michael L »

<<<<What's on the menu tonight? Thought we agreed to avoid the previous mentioned. Nobody likes the unpleasant aftertaste.

I bought a book called 'Exploring China' the other day.
It's one of these BBC books made to accompany in this case a TV series travelling around the country exploring the regional cuisines.
Ken Hom and a young lady Ching-He Huang were the presenters.

The recipes look brilliant - lot's of Sichuan dishes. Not bad for a fiver from TK max.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/programmes/b01lybfj

Anyone else got any good cook books?
Last edited by Michael L on Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#7 Re: Nebo 8

Post by Cressy Snr »

Bacon, eggs, mushrooms, and tomatoes for tea tonight.
Finally relented and got weighed yesterday. Much against my better judgement but.....12st 6lbs, down from 16st 8lbs this time last year.
Well chuffed with that :mrgreen:
Lean in 15 by Joe Wicks is a bible at present. None of your low fat bullshit in there. :D
Not been this snake-hipped since I was 19.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Michael L
Old Hand

#8 Re: Nebo 8

Post by Michael L »

That's a great achievement. You must feel a lot better for it.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#9 Re: Nebo 8

Post by Ray P »

Cressy Snr wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:56 am ....12st 6lbs, down from 16st 8lbs this time last year.
Brilliant Steve and tempting to come around for tea this evening.

Porridge this morning to sustain me for my Saturday morning ride - heading out shortly.

Ray
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
shane
Social outcast

#10 Re: Nebo 8

Post by shane »

3 mile walk in the sunshine this morning, then coffee and toasted Riverford Farm Sourdough, feet up on the sofa now 'cos it's tipping down outside. Dog curled up exhausted, gentle sounds on the TT2 and it's only 10:15.

Doesn't get much better.
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#11 Re: Nebo 8

Post by Cressy Snr »

Yes......thanks for the comments chaps.
All lean in 15 basically is, is the kind of balanced diet of a third each of protein, fat and carbohydrates, we all used to eat in the 60s and 70s until all this low fat, high carb, anti- cholesterol stuff started up as a response to the percieved problem of heart disease in men. I think Paul has been on a similar regime to me and is having similar success. In fact it was him who suggested restoring a balanced diet to me and the missus last year. The wife and I found Joe Wicks was doing the same and had loads of good recipes.
I sometimes wonder if the heart disease problem was due to the fact that everybody smoked in those days and were wrecking their hearts with smoking, rather than with what they were eating.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#12 Re: Nebo 8

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Wow to Steve's results indeed - My weight has gone up a couple of pounds because, I suspect, having pushed 40+ miles out of what was supposed to be just a bicycle shopping trip a couple of days ago I have been ravenous, eating everything I could find and last night a whole bottle of Languedoc all to myself. As it has been raining too all I have done is slobbed in front of the telly and watched old films. Last night e.g. Twelve Angry Men - fantastic. They don't make'em like that any more.

No one in the NHS with whom I discuss these matters jokes about or uses euphemisms about too much fat in our diet. It is too much of a problem. They do talk about a balanced diet where calorie intake is appropriate to the work we do. We're up to ten fruit and veg a day now - Cor! who manages that everyday!? Exercise is essential for health .... then it occurs to me that no one, in this 'fat bastard' discussion, wherever it roams, has mentioned genes. That's maybe a good thing.

If we could all meet up after we're dead some of us could have a really good, 'Told you so!!!' time of it, to which someone else of mightier stature might just scoff and say, 'First World problems!'
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Michael L
Old Hand

#13 Re: Nebo 8

Post by Michael L »

Talking about fats -In an episode of Trust me I'm a Doctor they investigated how different fats were affected when heated. In oils high in polyunsaturated fatty acids, like corn oil and sunflower oil, heating generated chemicals called aldehydes.
A message here is if you are frying with something like sunflower oil, switch to something like rapeseed oil. Most bottles labelled vegetable oil in the supermarkets are in fact rapeseed oil.
It appears that saturated fats are least affected by heat and next best are mono-saturated oils.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/article ... -cook-with
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#14 Re: Nebo 8

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Agreed - and I find rapeseed oil doesn't taste half bad either!
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#15 Re: Nebo 8

Post by Ray P »

andrew Ivimey wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:30 pm Agreed - and I find rapeseed oil doesn't taste half bad either!
Doesn't taste as nice as frying in butter, or lard, though!
Sorry, I couldn't resist!