Audiojumble

Greg
Social outcast

#76 Re: Audiojumble

Post by Greg »

Ha ha, ok Richard, point at a time.

1. You have yet again caused a divergence on the conversation. You have failed to answer the points put to you.

2.I have no concern what you think of me, or for that matter what the members here might think according to your influence.

3. Yes, I had your BMU on trial here for a week or two. In consequence I wrote up a positive NVA review, albeit I drew attention at the time to the faulty socket that MartinT had also revealed well before your BMU arrived with me. Wasn't he the very first user and reviewer? Oh, I have stated that I owned a NVA Phono 1 back in the 80/90's that generally I liked on MM, although MC input was crap.

4. After you made your libellous statement that I had tampered with your BMU, constituting an actual claim of ''Criminal Damage' under criminal law, and regardless of your love of civil law, despite my invitation, you have failed to date to register a complaint with the police for criminal damage or with the civil courts for whatever you may consider anything I did with your BMU that might have spoilt you or NVA. Please bring it on if you think I have a case to answer!

5. Oh, and realise you have sucked in 'Alfer', masquerading as Sir Cedric Minge to repeat here your libel.

5. All I did at the time of BMU loan was do what any inquisitive person, like you or any other inquisitive person would do, having been confronted with a loose and incorrect pull out 13amp socket. Have a look inside your chassis to see how the BMU was put together. Having done that I concluded that your BMU offered no benefit beyond other balanced power supplies readily on the market, was (in comparison) poorly constructed, oversized and over priced. That remains my case as I benefit here using in my system a much cheaper, smaller and better constructed item.

6. You have been totally disengenuous towards me and my views on NVA. I have no war against either your business or you, but I will always hold you to account if I think you are being dishonest. Certainly, your last post is almost totally wrong and dishonest and is designed to detract attention from the original issue I raise after, and after again, your initial response to Phil.

7. Your ongoing attacks on Scott in the speaker thread are totally unwarranted and absolutely without any foundation other than you don't like how he presents his stuff. Certainly, even he would welcome intelligent debate on all this, but you close that opportunity down by being from the outset, rude and offensive. Is that your strategy to avoid serious intellectual engagement?

Wake up, Richard and face up. Stop being devious and give us all an honest response to all that has been said above

Looking forward to your reply,

Greg
Last edited by Greg on Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSJR
User

#77 Re: Audiojumble

Post by DSJR »

I could reply, as I received the BMU in its broken state and photographed it.

All I'm going to say is that pulling up the socket revealed very little to my eyes, the wiring net was bent by the pulling up, but not damaged or made dangerous as conductor spacing was generous. I firmly glued the socket back as requested, checked existing wiring for tightness in the sockets (it was), re attached the top and tested - it was quieter than my own! - and returned it to NVA.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#78 Re: Audiojumble

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I stand by my post, and you sir are a liar! and the rest is just attempts to justify it. Dave is not joining in but you can read what he really thinks and his disgust at it all in the archive at HFS. Where most other members who watched the progress of this pathetic attempted product assassination that went on at TAS agree with him and me. Sue you, try to get the police to create a crime out of it, why should I bother, I fight my own battles, especially with lying knob heads like you.

You are here and joining any thread that I post on because you are with the dwindling band of born again Dunn haters. I was talking about it at the Tonbridge Audio Jumble with a member from here today, and he laughed and said everyone could see what was going on and you people were just making idiots out of yourselves.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#79 Re: Audiojumble

Post by jack »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:29 pm... I was talking about it at the Tonbridge Audio Jumble with a member from here today, and he laughed and said everyone could see what was going on and you people were just making idiots out of yourselves.
Can I just add, as I have no dog in this fight, that the aforementioned member was not me (though I live a mere 10 miles from Tonbridge).

Currently, I am about 4,457 miles away (by foot) in a bl*ody dust storm. https://goo.gl/maps/FofJW9Cw8762 (had to edit that to get it right)

I'm thinking lovingly of you all, though :love4:
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#80 Re: Audiojumble

Post by pre65 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:29 pm I stand by my post, and you sir are a liar!
You can't substantiate that claim Richard.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#81 Re: Audiojumble

Post by Dave the bass »

jack wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:35 pm I'm thinking lovingly of you all, though :love4:
Love ya right back Sweetcheeks!
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#82 Re: Audiojumble

Well when I arrived and looked at the room I said "Oh feck it", an almost square box with no softness anywhere, bright and echoic with 12 - 15ft high ceiling. As I predicted before I started first up the Cubettes sounded lost and horrible, so didn't bother with the Cube 3s and settled on the B&W Doc Mods as the least of the evils. As the day went on I got used to it all, and everyone who commented said it sounded great with the only negative comment of "the room is a little bright isn't it", so not a disaster and I put up with it. Big room so I just ran the AP50 all day long.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#83 Re: Audiojumble

pre65 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:42 pm
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:29 pm I stand by my post, and you sir are a liar!
You can't substantiate that claim Richard.
Here we go again :roll: and how do you know that Noddy, were you there, did you witness what Dave found when the unit was returned to him. The top fell off as it had been taken off and the glue seal broken, and then just pushed back on. AND as Dave will clearly tell you you don't see anything of any nature to explain his comment by prising up the loose socket. On top of that the comments from MartinT who had it before him that the socket just lifted a little as he took the plug out. The man deliberately broke the seal and opened the unit which he is lying about. The seal was broken that is for certain by someone, so the evidence is circumstantial as it is in the realms of absolute improbability that a nosy UPS employee unpacked it, broke the seal and then repacked it again :roll:

It is clearly printed on the back panel to not open the case as there are no user serviceable parts inside, and by breaking that seal you are breaking the product deliberately and making it fail Class II double insulated regs.

The man is a liar - full stop!
Greg
Social outcast

#84 Re: Audiojumble

Post by Greg »

Deluded rubbish. The BMU left me in the same condition it arrived in. The lid was secure and not tampered with and I passed it on to the next person to trial in a personal exchange. It did not go straight back to Dave. Therefore anything Dave found cannot be attributed to me. You made that bit up.
vinylspinner
User

#85 Re: Audiojumble

Post by vinylspinner »

Well I had a pleasant day at the AJ, met a few friends and a couple of strange chaps from Kent as well.
Also managed to reduce my FM tuner collection by one, only 15 more to go :mrgreen:

Nigel
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

#86 Re: Audiojumble

Post by Dave the bass »

Good to see you again Nigel, and nice to meet and have a quick chat with Richard too. 2 LP's was my total purchase today, lorra reel-to-reels for sale too but I didn't succumb.
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#87 Re: Audiojumble

Greg wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:13 pm Deluded rubbish. The BMU left me in the same condition it arrived in. The lid was secure and not tampered with and I passed it on to the next person to trial in a personal exchange. It did not go straight back to Dave. Therefore anything Dave found cannot be attributed to me. You made that bit up.
So Dave DSJR is deluded in what he found, I have made nothing up, I have responded to what I have been told. Lets look at facts. You deliberately tried to damage the the unit in terms of its reputation at TAS, why would you do that, and as members here can see you are still doing it. The unit was received back from you deliberately and illegally damaged - you join in any thread you can to insult and dismiss me and my products for no reason apart from as a signed up member of the Dunn Hater Clan, again clearly seen by other members here - so quite simply if it looks like a dog smells like a dog and shit everywhere like you do there is little doubt that it is a dog.
vinylspinner
User

#88 Re: Audiojumble

Post by vinylspinner »

Dave the bass wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:55 pm Good to see you again Nigel, and nice to meet and have a quick chat with Richard too. 2 LP's was my total purchase today, lorra reel-to-reels for sale too but I didn't succumb.
Hi Dave,

Didn't get a chance for a good look around as we were so busy today, must say that I was impressed by the large amount of vinyl on offer this time around, good prices too on the whole. Oh, have a think about that nice five string Spector bass that I might be moving on, go on, you now you want to :D

Nigel
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#89 Re: Audiojumble

Post by Daniel Quinn »

Greg wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:13 pm Deluded rubbish. The BMU left me in the same condition it arrived in. The lid was secure and not tampered with and I passed it on to the next person to trial in a personal exchange. It did not go straight back to Dave. Therefore anything Dave found cannot be attributed to me. You made that bit up.
Re - idiot greg
I make his latest is 5 posts in which he is being an arse .

Why o why is this arse being loaned equipment .

he seems to me more agent provocateur than potential customer . We will see . ;)

My words 5 or so days before you got the loan bmu .

a copy of the photo taken by DSJR upon receipt of the BMU from you . http://www.hifisubjectivist.org/viewtop ... eg#p130572

:laughing5:
Michael L
Old Hand

#90 Re: Audiojumble

Post by Michael L »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:44 pm
Re - idiot greg
I make his latest is 5 posts in which he is being an arse .

Why o why is this arse being loaned equipment .

he seems to me more agent provocateur than potential customer . We will see . ;)

My words 5 or so days before you got the loan bmu .

a copy of the photo taken by DSJR upon receipt of the BMU from you . http://www.hifisubjectivist.org/viewtop ... eg#p130572

:laughing5:

Is there really any point in continuing to pollute this forum with this ridiculous argument? How can it ever be resolved? Certainly not by writing here. I don't recall seeing these divisive slanging matches before Richard and his followers dropped anchor here. How nice it would be to come here for friendly discussion with mutual respect. There are other forums where abuse and argument are encouraged.
Last edited by Michael L on Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.