Audiojumble

Nick
Site Admin

#16 Re: Audiojumble

Post by Nick »

But in this case, and this subject, Phil has every right to ask questions, as several of our members including Phil have been going to jumbles for years. You never know, it might provide a opportunity to meet up, I find many of the net based conflicts can be solved by actually meeting the person in question. I know Doc that you get refused entry to a few meetings on other fora. here I would suggest we should promote such a thing.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
thomas
Old Hand

#17 Re: Audiojumble

Post by thomas »

pre65 wrote:That's interesting.

Is DTB going ?
Hi Phil (and anybody else….)

I'm interested….depends on other commitments, I'll know for sure nearer the time….
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#18 Re: Audiojumble

Post by pre65 »

thomas wrote:
pre65 wrote:That's interesting.

Is DTB going ?
Hi Phil (and anybody else….)

I'm interested….depends on other commitments, I'll know for sure nearer the time….
Well done Thomas.

I'm not 100% sure myself, but like yourself will confirm later.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#19 Re: Audiojumble

Post by Ray P »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:My point is it is somewhat naive to think it can just be forgotten about, IMO it can't...
I didn't mention forgetting about the past, that would be impossible and, actually, undesirable. What I said is that people have to make a conscious decision to move on.

I still don't see why the post by Phil/Pre65/Noddy about the audiojumble merited the response it garnered from Mudshark?
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
Nick
Site Admin

#20 Re: Audiojumble

Post by Nick »

Ray P wrote:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:My point is it is somewhat naive to think it can just be forgotten about, IMO it can't...
I didn't mention forgetting about the past, that would be impossible and, actually, undesirable. What I said is that people have to make a conscious decision to move on.
Yep, one of the things I would hope indicates that we are capable of rational thought is to direct our actions with our conscious thoughts, instead of just reacting by instinct, without thought.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#21 Re: Audiojumble

Post by pre65 »

So, my attempt to meet Richard and disable the hostility, does not make me a raging homosexual stalker ? :lol: :lol:

Edmund Burke

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#22 Re: Audiojumble

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Who said that, again your speciality in twisting reality to suit your agenda. Read the post again, it was a clutching at straws question to try and understand your motivation.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#23 Re: Audiojumble

Nick wrote:
Ray P wrote:
Yep, one of the things I would hope indicates that we are capable of rational thought is to direct our actions with our conscious thoughts, instead of just reacting by instinct, without thought.
I can assure you I think about what I say.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#24 Re: Audiojumble

Ray P wrote:

I still don't see why the post by Phil/Pre65/Noddy about the audiojumble merited the response it garnered from Mudshark?
It didn't justify it, but Jammy can do that at times. He is a curates egg, you haven't had one of his "so pissed to be incoherent / Vogon Poetry evenings" yet. :shock: :lol: :lol:
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#25 Re: Audiojumble

Post by pre65 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Who said that, again your speciality in twisting reality to suit your agenda. Read the post again, it was a clutching at straws question to try and understand your motivation.
Lighten up Richard, did you not see the two laughing smileys after my post ?

Just know that I am NOT stalking you.

Edmund Burke

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#26 Re: Audiojumble

Yes you are, across the forums that is, you have proved it. Simple stop doing it and leave me alone, I want no form of contact with you now or in the future. Having told you that ANY continual attempts to drag me into conversation leading to conflict (your on going game) is stalking.

LEAVE ME ALONE - please!
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#27 Re: Audiojumble

Post by pre65 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Yes you are, across the forums that is, you have proved it. Simple stop doing it and leave me alone, I want no form of contact with you now or in the future. Having told you that ANY continual attempts to drag me into conversation leading to conflict (your on going game) is stalking.

LEAVE ME ALONE - please!

OK.

Edmund Burke

Rudolph Hucker.
Old Hand

#28 Re: Audiojumble

Post by Rudolph Hucker. »

Bravo phil

conflict in any shape or form is bad for your health..best you 2 stay away from each other lol...
the craziest audio forum on the planet
http://www.snakeoilaudio.com/
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#29 Re: Audiojumble

Post by Ray P »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:LEAVE ME ALONE - please!
Phil/Pre65/Noddy has responded to your request with an 'OK'. If we extend sufficient grace to accept his response at face value (and time will tell) it would seem to offer the possibility of moving on. It would therefore seem to be a reasonable accommodation if he is extended a similar courtesy by Audio-Talk members?

Ray
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
DSJR
User

#30 Re: Audiojumble

Post by DSJR »

One thing I'd like people to look out for is a Lustraphone LP100 amplifier. These were mid 70's made, rather sweet toned originally and I loved mine, although reliability was an early issue 'cos the output transistors weren't up to the current inrush on switch-on (dealt with at the very end but too late for the company).