Audiojumble

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#136 Re: Audiojumble

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The disease continues. sorry but I do see exactly what is going on and has been for so long it is daft. It has become a meme (is that the right modern word). For me it is simple, there are people who I for what ever reason have raised their hackles, so they look for any opportunity to express their anger. If I don't give an opportunity they invent one, the game is the process, what ever I say on what ever subject gets them dropping out of the trees.

Try another word Nick, the last one didn't work :roll:
Nick
Site Admin

#137 Re: Audiojumble

Post by Nick »

Anyone fancy a curry?
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
shane
Social outcast

#138 Re: Audiojumble

Post by shane »

Nick wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:13 am Anyone fancy a curry?
You buying?
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#139 Re: Audiojumble

Post by Cressy Snr »

I'm sitting down to a sliced apple with a dollop of peanut butter. Scrape up the peanut butter with your apple slice and enjoy.
I'll get back to soldering after a cup of tea. Rumer is playing at low volume on the stereo. As a weak winter sun, slants through the front room window, the dog lies in front of the fire, flanks heaving occasionally as, in his sleep, he chases some imaginary cat.

Stillness reigns supreme.
Last edited by Cressy Snr on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
shane
Social outcast

#140 Re: Audiojumble

Post by shane »

Now, I've never been fond of peanut butter myself as to me it tastes like wallpaper paste smells, but it's jolly useful stuff. If you ever remove a label from something and find that you're left with a nasty sticky residue, peanut butter will remove it every time. Even works on LP sleeves provided they're the laminated type.

Now not many people know that...
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#141 Re: Audiojumble

Post by Ali Tait »

I'm guessing not to use the crunchy kind though..
shane
Social outcast

#142 Re: Audiojumble

Post by shane »

Smooth or crunchy, works just as well. Better if there's a bit of oil on top.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#143 Re: Audiojumble

Post by jack »

This sounds like apocrypha.

I bet the oil is the active ingredient and would work just fine on it's own.

Reference: Nobel Laureate Primo Levi's fantastic (must read) tome, The Periodic Table (1975), specifically the chapter entitled "Chromium"...
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
shane
Social outcast

#144 Re: Audiojumble

Post by shane »

Nope, ''tis all true, I use it myself frequently. You're right though, it's the oil that does it, and it would probably work with any vegetable oil. Haven't tried that though.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#145 Re: Audiojumble

Post by jack »

shane wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:04 pm...it would probably work with any vegetable oil.
Pedant mode: A peanut is technically a member of the legume class and is a fruit, not a vegetable. Fruits have seeds; vegetables don't.

Doesn't stop the hoi polloi calling them "nuts" though... (a nut is like a legume except that it has a single seed).

Rant over. :)
Last edited by jack on Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt
shane
Social outcast

#146 Re: Audiojumble

Post by shane »

Legume schmegume, they're still unfit for human consumption, and fit only for removing glue.

Anyway, I knew that. 😝
cressy
Shed dweller

#147 Re: Audiojumble

Post by cressy »

No healthy option for me, a dodgy hamburger from the local shop followed by a can of pop.
A walk up to the father in laws alotment with a bundle of slate laths so he can build a run for his chickens should burn off the rubbish ive just eaten.

Proper chicken dinner later though, not one of his though I might add.... Bet they taste nice though :D
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#148 Re: Audiojumble

Post by pre65 »

A five mile walk this morning with a walking group, then a ham sarnie for lunch.

Now having a cup of Rooibos (red-bush tea). :)

Might cut up some pork steaks and do a stir fry for our evening meal, with rice.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Michael L
Old Hand

#149 Re: Audiojumble

Post by Michael L »

Nick wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:06 am "onomatopoeia", that's a good word. Also a good song.
I saw Todd and Joe Jackson sharing a gig at Liverpool Philharmonic Hall. Funny thing was I hadn't been to a rock/pop gig for years.
I was shocked at the appearance of the audience. They all looked middle aged ......like me!
Great concert.
Nick
Site Admin

#150 Re: Audiojumble

Post by Nick »

I was shocked at the appearance of the audience. They all looked middle aged ......like me!
Yep, I noticed the same at a Wilco Johnson gig last year. I did make a concerted effort to bop about as much as possible much to the annoyance of the miserable looking serious types all around, or the "I am going to record this on my phone so I can watch what I missed when I get home" crowd.

I realised that there is a point to being the embarrassing old weirdo that was making a fool of himself in public. Its called having a good time.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.