RH300B

If they glow, this is the place to be
JamesD
Old Hand

Post by JamesD »

It was an attempt at parody - poor but hopefully amusing to some...

I stopped posting on DIYAudio a long time ago as did the people I used to interact with there...

Its still a useful resource but the noise level can be high :D
Alex Kitic
Old Hand

Post by Alex Kitic »

Diyaudio is good for spreading ideas and new concepts, but that in turn causes the interested parties (stakeholders) to react negatively when their interests are threatened.

Besides the stakeholders, there are the petty haters, and other lost souls. Finding yourself banned is not the worst, though: your posts might be deleted at will by "moderators" (interest guardians), and even posts of otherwise not banned members, if they are favorable to your cause ("the most successful DIY projects of the decade" is a bold sentence to be erased as soon as no-one is watching...)
Alex Kitic
Old Hand

#18 SIMULATED CURVES SUPERIMPOSED

Post by Alex Kitic »

The RH300B thread is dormant for quite a while, but I decided to add one more detail about the models used in the simulation.

In some other forums, some people were startled by the 12W power output achieved with 300B tubes (at maybe 33W anode dissipation), and with modest distortion at that. Indeed, the most important issue, sound, obviously eludes those interested in simulation results...

As it is evident from the superimposed curves, the model of the 300B used is quite good and allows quite precise simulation.

BTW, I decided to check the model whilst preparing the material for the RH813 blog entry... soon to be "unveiled".