If they glow, this is the place to be
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#1 212

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Yep, 100 a year I believe. Love the amps though.
Last edited by Nick on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

They paid a good photographer. That don't impress a me much. If I was a millionaire I'd buy 10 and test them to destruction. but I wouldn't spend a £1,000 of my money to be a guinea pig of production quality.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

If I was a millionaire I'd buy 10 and test them to destruction. but I wouldn't spend a £1,000 of my money to be a guinea pig of production quality.
Paul,
I think you are harping back to the old days and early production of Chinese valves. However, the PSVANE brand are a different animal altogether and are highly regarded by the audio press and those that use these tubes.

Still even if I was in the market for some 212 tubes, the asking price of these new production copies is rather high! But then how does this compare to NOS? And what guarantee do you have a NOS tube won't die on you shortly after use. At least with the PSVANE you will have some sort of warrantly.
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

I know I am a grumpy old man.
Regarding your rhetorical question I have statistics. Just take it from me quality nos is totally dependable and made to a high standard. Used is very bad investment rate of failure on or soon after delivery 1 in 3.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

NOS one up here, not often you see them for sale-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4212H-ITT-Wes ... 4610d055d8
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

I can't remember who the seller is but I may have bought them from him before. Don't think it's Jerry but it may be. if that is Jerry the seller. anyway somebody trustworthy so buy without hesitation. Just depends if there is another bidder whether it goes for <£300 or >£500. But a much better bet than those Chinese ones.
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Heating it laying on its side (as in the ebay listing) is probably a very bad idea.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

Aye, that crossed my mind too.