crossover please!

If they glow, this is the place to be
andrew Ivimey
Social Sevices have been notified

#1 crossover please!

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Can one of you lot who knows about these things write me up a schematic for a generic crossover at 2.5kHz; 6dB and 12dB sloping. (very please)

There used to be a webpage about this sort of thing but I've long forgotten where it was.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

Andrew,
it might have better to have placed this in the Speakers section rather than Valves. But no matter.

You can try this: http://www.apicsllc.com/apics/Misc/filter2.html.

or if you want something a little more comprehensive try downloading this software: http://audio.claub.net/software/jbabgy/jbagby.html
andrew Ivimey

Post by andrew Ivimey »

Silly me! You are right. Thsnks too for the leads. Getting the formulas is far more useful so I can tweak and know what I am doing.
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Toppsy
Shed dweller

Post by Toppsy »

Andrew,
remember that getting the internal damping right is almost as important as getting the XO right so you need to play with both.

Those Heils of yours will XO as low as 800Hz but need a minimum of 12db/octave slope.

Also remember that if you have a lower order XO on your bass/midrange you may need to swap the +ve and -ve connections on your ribbon to get it back in phase with the bass/midrange.
andrew Ivimey

Post by andrew Ivimey »

The plans for the Heils. are sorted. And I'm going small with a spare. pair. and eight inch drivrrs... well it keeps. me off. the streets and the house is nearly finished. No, the crossover is for something really small. I've got. a few pairs tweeters. and things that I'd like to use. Might end in tears!
Written on a galaxy 2. This is very difficult...