Are valves only for the rich ?????

If they glow, this is the place to be
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

I would say the end user is easy pray to a manufacturer like that selling mysticism at a premium. Doesn't inspire confidence in the product as a whole when with a different print job on a glass bottle Carries such value to them. I would run a mile and snap my wallet shut faster than a Venus fly trap.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

I would say the end user is easy pray to a manufacturer like that selling mysticism at a premium. Doesn't inspire confidence in the product as a whole when with a different print job on a glass bottle Carries such value to them. I would run a mile and snap my wallet shut faster than a Venus fly trap.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
MrAcoustat
User

Post by MrAcoustat »

Paul Barker wrote:I would say the end user is easy pray to a manufacturer like that selling mysticism at a premium. Doesn't inspire confidence in the product as a whole when with a different print job on a glass bottle Carries such value to them. I would run a mile and snap my wallet shut faster than a Venus fly trap.
Sorry but are you saying that ALL tubes are the same and that there is no difference in quality ????? i believe that like anything else there are cheap tubes and good to very good tubes, but i may be wrong.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Sure good quality should cost more, logically, the part we're having trouble is is the degree of mark-up. Mind you this makes interesting reading:

http://psvanetube.com/wordpress/store/p ... kt88-quad/

Also check out the "Read about" link, seems they've taken over Guiguang

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
shane
Social outcast

Post by shane »

MrAcoustat wrote: Sorry but are you saying that ALL tubes are the same and that there is no difference in quality ?????
No, I think we're saying the best tubes aren't necessarily the most expensive ones, and that some of the really expensive ones aren't really very good.
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

The kt88 is a poor tube even if we are talking general electric, production quality clearly visible through the clear glass tells you that.

I come from a generation of valve heads who would find a comment of superior quality from a Chinese manufacturer a complete joke. Their 845 s and 211s are absolute trash. I wouldn't trust their kt88 but i don't want a kt88 amp of any description.

They are now making good300bs perhaps some of their other tubes are also better than three un merchandise able tripe they started with 10 years ago.

But it's academic because you can't polish a turd.
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

The kt88 is a poor tube even if we are talking general electric, production quality clearly visible through the clear glass tells you that.

I come from a generation of valve heads who would find a comment of superior quality from a Chinese manufacturer a complete joke. Their 845 s and 211s are absolute trash. I wouldn't trust their kt88 but i don't want a kt88 amp of any description.

They are now making good300bs perhaps some of their other tubes are also better than three un merchandise able tripe they started with 10 years ago.

But it's academic because you can't polish a turd.
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

Post by simon »

Paul Barker wrote:But it's academic because you can't polish a turd.
That was so good it was worth saying twice :-)
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Say what you really think Paul! lol ... :lol:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
pauljames0303

#25 hi

Post by pauljames0303 »

Power valve systems vary the duration of the exhaust port open time, which gives the engine usable low end power combined with excellent top end power.
Paul Barker

#26 Re: hi

Post by Paul Barker »

pauljames0303 wrote:Power valve systems vary the duration of the exhaust port open time, which gives the engine usable low end power combined with excellent top end power.
Spam bot attack
andrew Ivimey

Post by andrew Ivimey »

I just googled 'spam bot attack' - what does it mean?
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
Paul Barker

Post by Paul Barker »

It means that the posting was automatically generated. A machine generated spam device I and some others call a spam bot, playing on the terms spam (for unwanted communication) and robot (for automatic).

Attack.

Because it is clearly not a post generated by a living being with an intyerest in the subject matter of the forum I see it as an attack on the reson d'etre of the forum.
andrew Ivimey

Post by andrew Ivimey »

aha, thanks - that post could have been something in a foreign language and pupt through an on-line translator - but anyway its a waste of space!
Philosophers have only interpreted the world - the point, however, is to change it. No it isn't ... maybe we should leave it alone for a while.
andrew Ivimey

Post by andrew Ivimey »

aha, thanks - that post could have been something in a foreign language and put through an on-line translator - but anyway its a waste of space!