Push-Pull Ultralinear

If they glow, this is the place to be
Audio_Works
User

#1 Push-Pull Ultralinear

Post by Audio_Works »

Hello gents,

well im ready for a new push-pull amp.

My OTs allow for ultralinear connection so most probably thats what i will be using or maybe i will try and switch between modes of operation.
They are made with TC90 C-Core, input is 6k6, output is 4 or 8. Interwoven winding ofcourse.

Power transformer has these outputs: 290v/0,6A 2x6,3v/6A, 50 v/0,3A, built on E20 core.

I have the attack stages on pcb boards and also a power supply pcb module with soft start.

As for valves i will use ECC81 and ECC83 and power valves will be the russian 6p3s-e. I think you all know this valve. Its a military version, very similar to EL34.

Some pics.

What are your thoughts on pentode, triode or ultralinear connection in this case?
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

I guess the question is what speakers? How much power do you need?
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Audio_Works
User

Post by Audio_Works »

Speakers are DIY.

The ones i will be using with this amp have a sensitivity of 99db/w/m, impedance is pretty friendly and they are big. :lol:

I was thinking maybe some other users used this type of valve, the 6p3s-e, in a specific configuration. Would be nice to hear about it.

Well i might use a switch and play with it a little. I will post more pics as it gets built.