Filament supply modules.

If they glow, this is the place to be
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Is it me, or is it not rather rude (bloody rude infact :shock: ) for a new member on his first post, to offer for sale in my thread something that Mike has spent ages perfecting ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

As it happens he's not selling mine, his own, mine is different.

Not terribly different I grant you unfortunately there aren't too many different ways of achieving the same sort of end.

But as we are doing our own thing here, buying and selling section might have been more tactful :?:

A simple link to the other forum, even better. There are already two such links in this topic.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Rod Coleman
User

Post by Rod Coleman »

simon wrote:Hi Rod, good to see you here. Would the board in the photo be the proto for my KRs? :)
hello Simon,

It is your prototype indeed! It's working very happily. Just the GM70 version testing to do!
Rod Coleman
User

Post by Rod Coleman »

ed wrote:Hi Rod

ditto

I got lost in the diyaudio thread a while back..is there a summary of how to get the boards and how much and what transpired with the heavier current version.
Heavier current version took quite a while to go through all the checkpoints for reliability and sound quality - but they are done now for everything except GM70. But the GM70 will be available, after another round of testing with another pair of the DHTs. Please PM for info.
Rod Coleman
User

Post by Rod Coleman »

pre65 wrote:Is it me, or is it not rather rude (bloody rude infact :shock: ) for a new member on his first post, to offer for sale in my thread something that Mike has spent ages perfecting ?
Don't go pointing the finger of Rudeness at me. Kindly look back in the thread to where the circuit you are discussing derives from.

I have no problem whatever with the fact that my 2004-published schematic is taken as a start point for alternative DIY implementations, - as I believe is the case here.

When it comes to talk of PCBs though, I feel it perfectly my prerogative to let folks know that the original design is a currently-available product, that took a lot of effort to keep to strict DIY affordability.
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Rod Coleman wrote:
pre65 wrote:Is it me, or is it not rather rude (bloody rude infact :shock: ) for a new member on his first post, to offer for sale in my thread something that Mike has spent ages perfecting ?
Don't go pointing the finger of Rudeness at me. Kindly look back in the thread to where the circuit you are discussing derives from.

I have no problem whatever with the fact that my 2004-published schematic is taken as a start point for alternative DIY implementations, - as I believe is the case here.

When it comes to talk of PCBs though, I feel it perfectly my prerogative to let folks know that the original design is a currently-available product, that took a lot of effort to keep to strict DIY affordability.
I don't know if it was the start point, or a case of convergent evolution, but sharing ideas is generally more productive that not IMHO. A always, its just words on the Internet.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Mike had been developing his ideas well before I started this thread !

Edmund Burke

Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

pre65 wrote:Mike had been developing his ideas well before I started this thread !
Yes, but I do remember the thread discussing why a current source (high impedance) supply was a good thing for DHT filaments. I don't believe that idea originated with anyone on this site. For that matter it pre-dates this site.

Not that Mike AFAIK is suggesting anything differently.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Don't think I am. My first attempt CCS filament reg was around December - January last year, but couldn't stop it drifting. Didn't know about Rod's version then. Ended with a constant Voltage one for the sake of having something that works.

Then just latterly saw Rod's version and I thought oh hello he's doing it like that. I now know mine didn't work cos I was using a constant current device to derive the bias, but which wasn't temperature stable. So I'll go along with convergant evolution. Image

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Thermio
New User

#205 DHT supply boards

Post by Thermio »

Hi Guys, is there a link for the boards?
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

I do not have any boards. Possibly in due course. If/as and when I get time.

If you want Rod's boards probably start from here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-va ... post446973

IDM
Old Hand

Post by IDM »

Phil,

Can I ask did you have opportunity to compare Mike's circuit to the Tent Labs or the DIY hifi supply, if so what did you conclude?

Cheers
Ian
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

To be honest, I have not yet been able to directly compare Mikes circuit to any commercially available module.

And no plans to do so at the moment. Too many other things on the go. :wink:

Edmund Burke

Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Where's me whip...

pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

What I will say though.

If I need any more DHT filament supplies (apart from 833a :wink:) they would be of Mikes type. :lol:

Edmund Burke