Chinese Loudspeaker Drive Units

Dedicated to those large boxes at one end of the room
JohnG
Old Hand

#1 Chinese Loudspeaker Drive Units

Post by JohnG »

The Link is to a range of drive units that might get the attention of a speaker builder.
There is a decent coverage of a few drivers in the range on Lenco Heaven, as well as a review of a few functioning speakers in use in Gravesend Kent.

www.lii-audio.com
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#2 Re: Chinese Loudspeaker Drive Units

Post by Ray P »

Thanks for posting John, could be something to keep an eye on as I think a speaker project is coming to work with the flea-power SE-OTL amps... I'll have a proper look at the website and Lenco forum later, if only to try and get the basic impedance/efficiency parameters as they're not obvious to me from a quick look at the listed specs.

I wonder what Colin/Scott could do with them?
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
JohnG
Old Hand

#3 Re: Chinese Loudspeaker Drive Units

Post by JohnG »

On LH, there is discussion on comparisons to Lowther Drive Units.
I,m interested as well in how these units are assessed by the speaker builders on here.
Any speaker not requiring a xover and mounted on a OB is on my radar .
Nick
Site Admin

#4 Re: Chinese Loudspeaker Drive Units

Post by Nick »

There were lots of full range drive units at Munich this year, many Chinese, many field coil. I went out of my way to listen to as many as I could. The depressing result was that I prefer the sound of AER drive units over everything else I heard (in the full range wizzer cone type type)
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#5 Re: Chinese Loudspeaker Drive Units

Post by IslandPink »

I quite like the look of the 10" ones, those ridges in the outer part of the cone are interesting - like the Coral units. Did you hear any looking like that, Nick ?
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"