#1 Reported as Rare Fane Crescendo Drivers

Post by JohnG »

These might get a few pondering another ' Great OB Build '

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fane-Crescen ... :rk:1:pf:0
steve s
Shed dweller

#2 Re: Reported as Rare Fane Crescendo Drivers

Post by steve s »

It's nothing fantastic, its a small magnet version with a low resonance hi fi cone I have a pair of disco 100's also very rare.. guess a lot less valuable than the standard driver
The guy selling is a real chancer...
There have been the same standard 100a drivers on the net for years and no one buys at the inflated prices asked.. never the less, the large magnet versions are quite something
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
JohnG
Old Hand

#3 Re: Reported as Rare Fane Crescendo Drivers

Post by JohnG »

Nice one Steve, the voice of experience has dispelled the mystery.
I am casually looking for the 20 Gauss ones as a pair, to put with the 18XB's.
Not sure if this will be realised though, as the high powered magnets are Rocking Horse Poo rare.
I'm wearing your work on my sleeve Steve.
steve s
Shed dweller

#4 Re: Reported as Rare Fane Crescendo Drivers

Post by steve s »

A few months ago 4 100a drivers where on a buy it now for £150,... they where sold within an hour
I kicked myself as I had not seen my watched email quick enough. And at that price, well worth the drive to the south coast to pick them up.

There are have been a few really good drivers made of the years and most of them are (well?) known and attract high prices.
I've read the specs of most of the present day mainstream manufactures, nothing seem to match what makes some of these old drivers so sought after.
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number