A New Semi-Omni

Dedicated to those large boxes at one end of the room
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#31 Re: A New Semi-Omni

Post by Daniel Quinn »

chris661 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:48 pm I can see that Greg's comments could've been worded in a more kind manner, but it also seems to me that momentum very quickly built against him.

Chris
That is not actually true . Look at the actual timing of each post . The matter lied as was except a comment of support from the doc [ who didn't read greg's post as he blocks him ] from Wednesday evening to Thursday lunch time . I read it "thought bloody hell" but let it lie .

In a pique of misguided annoyance as I thought mr ivenmey was having a go at me { he wasn't } I then referenced the post in an argument on another thread that I could not believe the cabal of cocks moan at my and the docs argumentative posts but have said nothing about gregs post to steve . Members read it and then commented not against Greg per se but against his words.

And how does one kindly word . " Steve your new speaker avenue is fundamentally flawed and you should desist immediately . For that is what he said and as my sociology lecturer said to me when I was an arsehole of a 17 year old , say what you mean and mean what you say .
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#32 Re: A New Semi-Omni

Post by Daniel Quinn »

Cressy Snr wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:25 pm There will be no further communication from me on this forum.
Goodbye.
That is a shame , it is analogous to Arsenal losing Mezut Ozil . I was going to say Alexis Sanchez , but I think it is fair to say ,Nick is the Alexis Sanchez of audio talk . :mrgreen:
Greg
Social outcast

#33 Re: A New Semi-Omni

Post by Greg »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:30 pm And how does one kindly word . " Steve your new speaker avenue is fundamentally flawed and you should desist immediately . For that is what he said............
You lie Dennis. I did not say that.
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#34 Re: A New Semi-Omni

Post by Daniel Quinn »

It was an accurate paraphrase of what you said . End of , there is no room for debate .

this is what it is a paraphrasing of

"I just want you to think it through carefully. In my view, the route you are now taking is a backwards move. Your original Met had dynamics, pace, extension, detail and a real sound authority. I've said before, disregarding the tweeter helper, the very best and absolutely listenable full range speaker I have ever heard. I'd happily use your Mets in my system. Unfortunately I can't say that about your latest projects. To my ears, they simply didn't do it."

please feel free to try and argue my paraphrasing is inaccurate . :mrgreen:
Greg
Social outcast

#35 Re: A New Semi-Omni

Post by Greg »

No, it is a lie or just another example of your incompetence with written English.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#36 Re: A New Semi-Omni

Post by pre65 »

Dennis (DQ), it's probably best to avoid posting about what you think people have said, and stick to quoting actual words.

Otherwise you risk looking like a biased dick.

If what Greg said was his true opinion (and I have no doubts on that) what is wrong with him posting it ?

Richard has said a lot worse, often in a very personal and offensive way, so why not have a go at him for a change ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
cressy
Shed dweller

#37 Re: A New Semi-Omni

Post by cressy »

Well fuck me, that went sideways quickly didn't it
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#38 Re: A New Semi-Omni

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

AND I only made one post, a general support one for Steve. :wink:
Greg
Social outcast

#39 Re: A New Semi-Omni

Post by Greg »

Cressy Snr wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:25 pm Well Chris,
Apparently some people (presumably me) take criticism of their work as a rebuff and can't handle it, and the fact that I am now associated with the enemy presumably means I am out of favour.
So I'm afraid I'm left with very little alternative but to resign my membership here.
There will be no further communication from me on this forum.
Goodbye.
No point in responding to your reply to me if you are no longer here.
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#40 Re: A New Semi-Omni

Post by Daniel Quinn »

Greg .pre . You are both rehtoricall knob heads.

Just because you say it doesnt make it true.it just make you look daft.

And funnily enough I have a track record of thousands of disputed litigated claims were what I said was the true , turned out to be the true . :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And the superiority of my argument is clearly evidenced by your one sentence rehtoric.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#41 Re: A New Semi-Omni

Post by pre65 »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:41 pm Greg .pre . You are both rehtoricall knob heads.

Just because you say it doesnt make it true.it just make you look daft.

And funnily enough I have a track record of thousands of disputed litigated claims were what I said was the true , turned out to be the true . :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And the superiority of my argument is clearly evidenced by your one sentence rehtoric.
I can only hope your spelling at work is better than it is on here. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by pre65 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#42 Re: A New Semi-Omni

Post by Daniel Quinn »

pre65 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:03 pm Dennis (DQ), it's probably best to avoid posting about what you think people have said, and stick to quoting actual words.

Otherwise you risk looking like a biased dick.

If what Greg said was his true opinion (and I have no doubts on that) what is wrong with him posting it ?

Richard has said a lot worse, often in a very personal and offensive way, so why not have a go at him for a change ?
What is wrong with it is it was arrogant bollocks and demonstrably bollocks . It was a personal attack not a personal opinion limited to one room on one occasion ffs read my brilliant posts properly. I read the shit you write properly as a matter of courtesay
Greg
Social outcast

#43 Re: A New Semi-Omni

Post by Greg »

It's a pity you don't behave in court the way you do here. Six months for contempt would do you (away from your keyboard) and us a world of good.
Daniel Quinn
Old Hand

#44 Re: A New Semi-Omni

Post by Daniel Quinn »

What's the sentence for posting such bollocks that a much better member of the forum than me leaves.

I see no contrition or acceptance just misplaced ad homien aimed at me in an effort to deflect.

And any contempt for you and pre is truly deserved.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Old Hand

#45 Re: A New Semi-Omni

Post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

It is simple you two, Noddy and Greg, have driven away an important member of this forum in your desire to find a way to put me down - shame on you!