Help Windows 10 sub drive management

I think we all know by now what this section is for.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#1 Help Windows 10 sub drive management

Post by Paul Barker »

My mba was killed by Roxy and Sam through drowning. The apple shop put the data onto a sea gate external use. Not seen in file explorer.

In disk management on my Windows 10 Cello cheap laptop it shows in one of the bottom Windows. Other bottom window shows main hard disk.

It shows no problems, and I have updated driver with no result.

Top window which shows tree of devices shows its partitions but doesn't show it with a dive letter.

Instructions for Windows 10 say right click to get menu to change drive letter. But as it hasn't one that option doesn't occur. I can select one of its patricians but can't change drive letter for it.Image
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#2 Re: Help Windows 10 sub drive management

Post by Mike H »

Not sure but suspect because the other drive also has an "ESP" (EFI System Partition) on it, according to the link below Windows can only have one in its system. In other words looks like the other drive is also a bootable disk, but where only one such is allowed. But I'm guessing to be honest.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... partitions

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#3 Re: Help Windows 10 sub drive management

Post by Paul Barker »

Thanks Mike. So what they must have done is cloned the drive.

I'll take it to a friends who has an ample computer. See if that can read it.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein