Apple Music

I think we all know by now what this section is for.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#46 Re: Apple Music

Post by Cressy Snr »

Granny Smiths are an anathema to me. :wink:
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#47 Re: Apple Music

Post by Ali Tait »

I suppose yer a Golden Delicious man then..
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#48 Re: Apple Music

Post by Cressy Snr »

Nah..Pink Lady of course sweetie! :mrgreen:
Nick
Site Admin

#49 Re: Apple Music

Post by Nick »

Also, why is it so sinful to express an opinion without being pressed to offer explanations why that opinion is held. Was that not one of the reasons that Nick started this forum ?
Yes, and it seems to me that Steve was expressing his opinion and experience and you were the one who was pushing back against that.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#50 Re: Apple Music

Post by Paul Barker »

Having looked briefly, as long as it has sufficient songs and is of equal quality Amazon Prime is considerably cheaper and comes with loads of extras. No brainer.

I shan't be doing it though, not right now anyway.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#51 Re: Apple Music

Post by Cressy Snr »

Yeah the prices for Amazon Prime aren't bad at all, and given the potential, size of Amazon's catalogue, it could be a goer. Nice to see someone punching through the £9.99 price that seems to have become the norm for these types of services.
shane
Social outcast

#52 Re: Apple Music

Post by shane »

I signed up for Amazon Prime a couple of years ago for £70/year, but each time it comes up for renewal I've been given a half price offer. That's paid for itself in free postage on Amazon purchases, so everything else is a bonus. I'll leave you to decide whether free access to Clarkson, Hammond and May's new venture is a good thing or not. Meanwhile, time to explore Amazon Music . I wonder if I can access it via the Squeezebox....
The world looks so different after learning science. For example, trees are made of air, primarily. When they are burned, they go back to air, and in their flaming heat is released the flaming heat of the Sun which was bound in to convert air into tree.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#53 Re: Apple Music

Post by Cressy Snr »

Had a lovely week with Apple Music. The streaming sound quality via my AppleTV 4 is great and I've discovered some fantastic artists, whom I had never heard of before. All my listening this week has been to new (to me) music and the recommendation engine hasn't let me down yet with its suggestions. Much improved over the efforts of 12 months ago.
And because I put my own ripped files well out of the reach of iCloud, there has been zero trouble with any of those.

The moral here is, with Apple Music, if you are prepared to treat listening to streaming subscription services and listening to ripped local files as separate tasks, then you get no trouble. Combining local libraries and streaming into the same playlists and not getting messed up metadata, probably works perfectly with Spotify, Amazon Prime, Tidal et al but there you go. For the Mac user, we are in the walled garden and within those parameters, Apple Music has become a wonderfully seamless experience, particularly when combined with the AppleTV; but as ever YMMV and yes... it almost certainly will. :)
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#54 Re: Apple Music

Post by Cressy Snr »

Well, I have tentatively moved a couple of my older CD compilation rips from behind my anti iCloud music library firewall and placed them in iTunes , where they got uploaded to my iCloud library.

No artwork has been altered. Have they finally realised what was going on and sorted the stupid algorithm that was turning people's carefully created libraries of THEIR music into a disaster area.

One can only hope Apple have seen sense.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#55 Re: Apple Music

Post by Cressy Snr »

New AppleTV, TVOS13 Apple Music service now showing live lyrics. How long the novelty will last, who knows?

All together now! Sing up! Karaoke stylee!
Ant
Shed dweller

#56 Re: Apple Music

Post by Ant »

Takes the fun out of misheard lyrics if you can see the actual lyrics :)
Also starring Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln

www.bte-designs.weebly.com
Ray P
No idea why I do this anymore

#57 Re: Apple Music

Post by Ray P »

To quote Dylan Thomas (Under Milkwood): "What'll the neighbours say, what'll the neighbours say..."
Sorry, I couldn't resist!
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#58 Re: Apple Music

Post by IslandPink »

Class act on the John Martyn lyrics pic there Steve - one of the great tracks.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

#59 Re: Apple Music

Post by Cressy Snr »

IslandPink wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:44 pm Class act on the John Martyn lyrics pic there Steve - one of the great tracks.
Aye, it was our DTB playing it at Owston that turned me onto this record. I don’t like everything John Martyn did, for example I think, “Solid Air” is genius in places, patchy in others, but “Bless The Weather” is a fantastic album by any standards.