Squeezebox Touch Rebuffering

I think we all know by now what this section is for.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

little eddy wrote:A friend had me put a wifi channel ap on my phone. My router was set to channel 1 and after looking a few times, occasionally there is another distant device using channel 1 also. I have changed mine to channel 2 so let's see how things go
Very interesting!

Any idea what the 'distant device' is? Someone else using your wi-fi network?

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
little eddy
Old Hand

Post by little eddy »

Mike H wrote:Any idea what the 'distant device' is? Someone else using your wi-fi network?
I just think it is another domestic wireless router set to channel 1. The friend told me that two devices set to the same channel can interfere and reduce performance significantly. Time will tell.
TD-125/RB250/MC25FL & 'Snail' phono, NAS/SBT with CS4398 DAC, 41MP pre & MoFo Power, still messing with OBs.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Oh I get it, in the next house, like?

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
little eddy
Old Hand

Post by little eddy »

Update: Since changing the router channel, I have had no further instances of 'rebuffering'. Phew!
TD-125/RB250/MC25FL & 'Snail' phono, NAS/SBT with CS4398 DAC, 41MP pre & MoFo Power, still messing with OBs.