Squeesebox

I think we all know by now what this section is for.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

You can also back up Vortexbox by using the using the 'backup' button on the GUI. Just type in 'vortexbox' in your browser and you should locate your vortexbox on yer home network. Scroll down the icons to the back up feature and click on it. Plug in your ext HD via the USB and and then click backup. The beauty of doing it this way is that it'll only back up what you haven't already backed up on your VB HD. Incremental is the word I think. It'll also delete any crud you've deleted too on yer VB HD so it maintains a mirror on the USB ext HD of what you've got on yer VB HD.

S'quite handy.

I luv this way of playing music. Its sooooooo convenient. JTS is getting a SB radio for her Birfdee.

DTB
"The fat bourgeois and his doppelganger"
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

The Stratmangler wrote:
andrew Ivimey wrote:Aha, first it helps having the vortexbox actually switched on and second it is http//:juke - it works - simple as that.

Thanks for your reply Chris!
Mmmmmm (rubs chin) 8)
lol .. :lol:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Lee S
Old Hand

Post by Lee S »

Dave the bass wrote:JTS is getting a SB radio for her Birfdee.
I have one of them.... They're really nice... Great in the kitchen.
©2020 Lee
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Cressy Snr »

andrew Ivimey wrote:I never thought I would enjoy flipping through a rack of CDs but they are more tangible than a computer screen or an SB Touch. LPs are of course the perfect medium in everyway. I have found that it is so very easy to 'forget' just what music I have on my SB Touch vortexbox and find again and again I just go back to my many favourites. LPs and CDs I believe I play(ed) a more diverse range of music.

There is to much what purpots to be music in the world - don't we just revel in it!!!
I used to be continuously playing the same old stuff. That was before I had the benefit of the Mac Mini running iTunes as the library.
Below is a shot taken from the screen of our 32" telly of iTunes' album view.
it enables you to do a virtual flick through of your collection.

You can do it by Artist, Genre or Composer (very handy for classical albums). iTunes logs how many times you play a track so you can also search by number of times played,
in ascending or descending order. If you for example decide to look for albums you haven't played in a while, it is simple to set up a search to find them.
Or you can just browse away to your heart's content.
The iPad remote app allows all these views too.
OK... you can't hold the files in your hand, but it is easy to make the experience more enjoyable than merely scrolling down a huge virtual print list.
One can easily lose the will to live that way.
Last edited by Cressy Snr on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sgt. Baker started talkin’ with a Bullhorn in his hand.
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Lee S wrote:
I have one of them.... They're really nice... Great in the kitchen.
You've got a JTS too?! Agreed they're great in the kitchen. You can tell by the size of my tum tum.... :-)

DTB
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Cressy Snr »

Big telly, Mac Mini, iTunes library (other computers/music managers are available) and a pair of big Mets

Paradise baby 8)
Last edited by Cressy Snr on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

Julie The Sax?
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Dave the bass
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Dave the bass »

Paul Barker wrote:Julie The Sax?
Close! :-) Julie the Stitch. She's a keen Textile Artist studying for her Degree in her spare time.

This is her most 'famous' piece of work.

DTB
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

SteveTheShadow wrote:
andrew Ivimey wrote:I never thought I would enjoy flipping through a rack of CDs but they are more tangible than a computer screen or an SB Touch. LPs are of course the perfect medium in everyway. I have found that it is so very easy to 'forget' just what music I have on my SB Touch vortexbox and find again and again I just go back to my many favourites. LPs and CDs I believe I play(ed) a more diverse range of music.

There is to much what purpots to be music in the world - don't we just revel in it!!!
I used to be continuously playing the same old stuff. That was before I had the benefit of the Mac Mini running iTunes as the library.
Below is a shot taken from the screen of our 32" telly of iTunes' album view.
it enables you to do a virtual flick through of your collection.

You can do it by Artist, Genre or Composer (very handy for classical albums). iTunes logs how many times you play a track so you can also search by number of times played,
in ascending or descending order. If you for example decide to look for albums you haven't played in a while, it is simple to set up a search to find them.
Or you can just browse away to your heart's content.
The iPad remote app allows all these views too.
OK... you can't hold the files in your hand, but it is easy to make the experience more enjoyable than merely scrolling down a huge virtual print list.
One can easily lose the will to live that way.
Looks a lot like JRiver wot I use on the TFS, that does the same thing, I like it too. I can set various playlists too, such as one for all the hi res I have stored.
Cressy Snr
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Cressy Snr »

Aye
Computer audio is improving rapidly, no doubt at all.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

Yes indeed, when you see how far it's come in the last few years, it bodes well for the future.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

Yes indeed, when you see how far it's come in the last few years, it bodes well for the future.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

Yes but the technology is still imperfect as proved by your double post.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

That's Android for you! :D