UK Mail unhelpfully

Somewhere to tell us of supplies who go the extra mile, or run away with your dosh.
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

#1 UK Mail unhelpfully

Post by colin.hepburn »

Hi All
Well once again problems with couriers this time its UK MAIL or rather I Pascals website https://www.ukmail.com/default.aspx
I booked and paid for a home collection with them for a next day delivery to Dave Brooks of Danbury electronics which was collected on time before 12pm so good
Today I checked the tracking number to see if Dave received the transformers only to find it was delayed

Phoning the Leeds customer serves and was told it was loaded to the wrong truck and sent to wrong area when I asked for an explanation why this was they blamed the Aberdeen Depot I then asked them for the Aberdeen contact number with was refused me and would not help any further
I then goggle the UK MAILs ABERDEEN phone number
And explained the problem to them they then told me that my package was still awaiting to be loaded to the 3pm south bound truck today

but I said again I booked next day delivery yesterday Aberdeen told me they can't do next day due to the collection driver cannot complete his round and get back in time for the daily 3pm south bound departcher

So the website is at fault in my view I then pointed his out to the Leeds UK mail customer serves expecting UK mail to look into this

But they refuse to except this was there problem and said it was the fault of the website Ipost and I would have to contact them by email as it was nothing to do with us I was told So they are liars and unhelpful :shock:
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

HA to add insult to this UK Mail have just refunded me a grand total of £1.17p
i see that as just a insult at the end of the day thy have not onerd the contract between us
and so another courier service that will not use again not many left now :(
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Greg
Social outcast

Post by Greg »

Colin, with your reported here courier and mailing history, you do seem to suffer and complain about these things more than anyone else. I don't get it. Maybe I'm lucky but I've never suffered any of the postage issues you have complained about. Occasionally I have an issue with late delivery but generally I have no problems. Is it because of where you live and in consequence, maybe you get a poorer service?

I don't know. What do you think?
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Colin, why don't you stick with couriers that have been reported here as good to deal with ? :?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Yep it must be to do with where I live but I don't get it as UK mail can deliver to me next day as they have done many times that's is why I used them to sent stuff as I figured if they can deliver to me surely they can do it the other way never though id say this but Royal mail can do it both ways for me for just a few pence more strange
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

Could be a genuine isolated cock-up, they do happen?

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

I find it's not isolated cock ups that make me mad, but how the company deals with the aftermath of said cock up.

Those that admit errors and try to do something positive to put things right deserve another go.

Those that try to deny liability and could not give a toss deserve to be in room 101. :lol:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

There is that about it...

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Yep I gave UK mail a change as they always got stuff to in the allocated next day so figured if they can get orders to me they can get them away from me just as well but it seems not But I do think it's the Aberdeen depot that is the problem

as when I phoned then about this I as told there collection drive has to collect all the AB post codes on his route all the way south of Aberdeen to the next county

when the next post code takes over then he has to drive all the way back to Aberdeen so then misses the south bound 3pm truck seems stupid to me why not use a drive who is based in the next county Montrose

so he only has to drive one-way north upto Aberdeen half the trip half the time
if I had phoned ukmail Aberdeen instead of using the website I would have be told it was a 48 hour delivery However Dave email me this morning to say he got the transformers at 9.15am
so all good again :)
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

Your parcel arrived at my house today. Thank you.
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Good to hear Paul
You're welcome
Posted on the 15th five o'clock collection from post office second class normal parcel post arrives at pauls Friday morning top marks to royal mail for that :D
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

It was here about 9 am. I couldn't have come and got it in less time.