YODEL Crap Delivery Service

Somewhere to tell us of supplies who go the extra mile, or run away with your dosh.
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

#1 YODEL Crap Delivery Service

Post by colin.hepburn »

Well I don't believe it
I had ordered a 25k bag of silver sand for the job of mass loading my speakers from
Monster pet suppliers OK no problem with them
I was emailed the tracking number for YODEL so thought no more about it
Until today when I see its out for delivery at 09:21am so thought it would be here by 11am as most delivery usually are not this one 2:30 pm still nothing so had to take the dog out got back to fine a black bin liner at my front door which was the sand on opening it

I have half a bag of sand left the sand bag its self had a hole in it as did the outer black bin liner as you can see from the tracking times there was a delay at their hub now I am guessing but someone holed the bag so why not return it to supplier for replacement
Have to say thou when I contacted the supplier they gave me a 50% discount but i still had to order another bag and wait for the same yodel delivery service again

Tracking Code Postcode
Description Date Time
Delivered (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 21st Oct 2011 15:12
Out for delivery (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 21st Oct 2011 09:21
In Transit (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 20th Oct 2011 16:30
Arrived At Depot (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 20th Oct 2011 13:06
In transit but delayed. (WEDNESBURY HUB) 19th Oct 2011 04:40
Arrived At Depot (WEDNESBURY HUB) 19th Oct 2011 02:56
Parcel data received awaiting coll. (LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE) 18th Oct 2011 00:00
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

You should talk to Philip at Bluebell for stories about how bad Yodel.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
floppybootstomp
Old Hand

Post by floppybootstomp »

I commented in another thread here about how bad Yodel were.

Friendly bit of advice, when buying goods online, find out who will deliver them. If it's Yodel find an alternative supplier, they are that bad.
Relevant boxes ticked - certified loony
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

#4 Re: YODEL Crap Delivery Service

Post by colin.hepburn »

colin.hepburn wrote:Well Have to say thou when I contacted the supplier they gave me a 50% discount but i still had to order another bag and wait for the same yodel delivery service again

Tracking Code Postcode
Description Date Time
Delivered (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 21st Oct 2011 15:12
Out for delivery (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 21st Oct 2011 09:21
In Transit (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 20th Oct 2011 16:30
Arrived At Depot (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 20th Oct 2011 13:06
In transit but delayed. (WEDNESBURY HUB) 19th Oct 2011 04:40
Arrived At Depot (WEDNESBURY HUB) 19th Oct 2011 02:56
Parcel data received awaiting coll. (LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE) 18th Oct 2011 00:00

Well here we are again

God Can this yodel courier company get any worse
Due to their last screw up with my order even my re order seems to have gone into cyberspace or something even the suppliers don't know where my order is even giving the fact a weekend and Sunday it should still be at the Aberdeen arrival dep at the very least :x

Description Date Time
Departed Depot (WEDNESBURY HUB) 22nd Oct 2011 00:08
Arrived At Depot (WEDNESBURY HUB) 22nd Oct 2011 00:06
Parcel data received awaiting coll. (LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE) 21st Oct 2011 00:00
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
floppybootstomp
Old Hand

Not a lot of people know this but Yodel employ three drivers named Frank Ifield, claiming it gives them credence.

Unfortunately one of the Franks is actually dead and after they dug him up, placed a Yodel courier cap on his head and placed him behind the steering wheel of a rusty Transit van, wondered why the van hadn't moved out of the depot after a week.

This was at the Aberdeen depot, btw
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

floppybootstomp wrote:Not a lot of people know this but Yodel employ three drivers named Frank Ifield, claiming it gives them credence.

Unfortunately one of the Franks is actually dead and after they dug him up, placed a Yodel courier cap on his head and placed him behind the steering wheel of a rusty Transit van, wondered why the van hadn't moved out of the depot after a week.

This was at the Aberdeen depot, btw
AHa then I shall expect a skeleton to knock at my door sometime in the distances of time with a bag of sand then :shock: :lol:
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Well this is silly now I am still waiting for these clowns to delivery how long can it take all others I have had deliveries from manage to do it with in two hour of arrival time at the Aberdeen depot
Parcel with courier for delivery (ABERDEEN HOME DELIVERY) 24th Oct 2011 19:12
Out for delivery (ABERDEEN HOME DELIVERY) 24th Oct 2011 16:13
Passed to delivery courier (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 24th Oct 2011 16:11
Arrived At Depot (ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE) 24th Oct 2011 13:54
Ho thought id add this bit from their website kind of says it all
The Yodel difference.
Yodel brings together two of the UK's leading delivery companies to form a unique brand with know-how and expertise that's second to none. We're not ones to brag, but it's this complete range of skills that sets us apart from the rest. We look, think and do different because we are different which is why we're shaking up the market for the benefit of home and business customers throughout the UK.
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Well they have turned up with my item from yodel it turned up in a old beat up transit van with no named on the side :shock:

My 25k bag of sand was well tied up and marked glass :lol:

I then thought I would phone yodel up and complain to which I was told by some bad mouth twat who said I would have to email my complaint and then started taking the piss and thought it was funny

why would any company want the risk there customer base with this lot must be mad
The one think I have become aware of thou is that its getting increasingly more difficult to complain about a company now
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

There is a specific complaints e-mail you can fill in.

http://www.yodel.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

It's the last option on the menu.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

pre65 wrote:There is a specific complaints e-mail you can fill in.

Yep seen that but I feel it's to much bother really as It would most likely be treated as spam anyway I just meant you can't seem to talk to someone on the phone regarding complaints anymore
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

pre65 wrote:There is a specific complaints e-mail you can fill in.

Yep seen that but I feel it's to much bother really as It would most likely be treated as spam anyway I just meant you can't seem to talk to someone on the phone regarding complaints anymore
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

I understand what you are saying, but if you don't complain how will the management know what an utter cock up they are making ?

And then it will likely still be the same fiasco next time they deliver.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H »

There is that, good point.

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
floppybootstomp
Old Hand

Here's a couple of abreviated experiences I had with Yodel.

That Pink Floyd vinyl album I bought from HMV I mentioned elsewhere, I ordered it from Amazon originally, who for that delivery used Yodel as a courier.

Fortunately you can speak to a human being at Amazon, which I did when my order didn't turn up in the allotted time. I was told one weekday morning it would be with me by 7pm. It wasn't.

The next day I checked the parcel's tracking through Yodel and apparently the driver had attempted a delivery the day previous and left a calling card. I was in all day, he hadn't. And then I noticed the time the driver had attempted a delivery - 23:45. Oh really?

Phoned Amazon and spoke to a young lad who was not the sharpest knife in the block who told me it was my fault I hadn't received my parcel as Yodel had attempted a delivery the day previous. I pointed out the recorded attempted delivery time and asked Mr Amazon rep what that time meant to him. He thought a while then 'It means you were not at home'.

*sob*

I cancelled the order and was told I'd get a refund when the parcel was returned to Amazon and they'd instructed Yodel to return the parcel to them. This was on a Friday. On Monday I ordered the album from HMV.

The next Friday Yodel delivered my Amazon order. I signed for it thinking it was my HMV order. The parcel had been opened or had split and the sleeve of the vinyl album had sufffered quite a lot of damage. Phoned Amazon, they were very apologetic and e-mailed me a return parcel delivery label and I was told I'd get a refund once the goods reached them (I'd also ordered a CD).

I've since been refunded but less £1.24 that Amazon took to cover 'admin for return' this after Amazon assured me I'd get a full refund. Unlike Amazon that was, they're usually very very good. I advised the lady I spoke to at Amazon the third time around not to use Yodel, for all that they'll take notice of me.

I looked at Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon sitting there in it's damaged sleeve and thought when it's returned it will likely be thrown in the dumper. An idea formed. Looked at my old copy of DSOTM and although worn, looked new with no scratches. So a nifty swap took place. Also liberated the posters and stickers.

Yes I know it's very naughty but hell, they'd messed me about and the vinyl would likely get thrown away anyway so I liberated a brand new 180 gram copy of DSOTM. Which means I now have two copies. Ho hum.

Other brief Yodel story was they tried to deliver a parcel for my daughter so I arranged I'd collect the parcel on a named day from their Old Kent Road depot. When I arrived the parcel had been put on a van (supposedly) for redelivery. It took them around 15 minutes searching to determine this.

There followed this long argument between me and a very obnoxious female during which she clutched at straws to justify their cockup. One thing she came out with was the parcel was intended for my daughter so I wasn't sallowed to collect it.

I produced ID for both myself and my daughter and also pointed out no name had been left on the calling card, the driver hadn't bothered filling it in.

So yes, Yodel are el crapola for sure.

And what kind of a name is Yodel anyway? What does Yodel mean to you? Frank Ifield's bird taught him to do it, Barry McKenzie often practiced a technicolour yodel and suspect geezers wearing lederhosen and pointy hats do it on toblerone packets.
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Hi Floppys
Got to give you full mark for the Pink Floyd vinyl album swap 8) :lol:
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage