Audio suppliers passing the Buck

Somewhere to tell us of supplies who go the extra mile, or run away with your dosh.
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

#1 Audio suppliers passing the Buck

Post by colin.hepburn »

Why do audio suppliers do this when ordering by phone tell you the item you have ordered is in stock then tell you a expected delivery date and this date expires you phone them up and they tell you the item is out of stock and blame the manufactures but thay have still debt your account on day one of ordering :x :x
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

I guess because they can, and we allow them by continuing to use them. Do you have any particular supplier in mind?
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Nick wrote:I guess because they can, and we allow them by continuing to use them. Do you have any particular supplier in mind?
Yep two in fact my first time with http://www.sightandsounduk.com/ and the second was http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/ I used audio affair about a year ago so second chance an all that the email they sent me is blaming the manufactures but its word for word the same as the email I got a year ago from them and now no ones answering there phone you just get leave a message and we will get back to you in the next 24 hours W-----s :x :x :x
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Just got the guy on the phone same excuess he said he would phono me back with new delivrey date still wating by got an email from him here it is
Good Evening Colin

I apologise for the delay in contacting you.

Unfortunately our supplier has pushed the date that the Technoweight Upgrade comes into stock even further back and we are not due to get stock now until early next week.

I send my apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Kind regards,

Kieron

Customer Services
followed by this email
about the status of your pending order?
If your order has not shipped, it is likely that we were waiting on delivery from warehouse and your order is due to ship within the next couple of days. We will reply to your message as soon as possible to confirm the status of our order. Alternatively, you can call us to check the status of an order on 0121 224 7350 or 0121 224 7351.

what a load of crap
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

Unfortunately, in business, things are not always as simplistic as we would like to think.

I'm not defending that supplier, but sometimes things happen that are outside of their control.

If you are really unhappy, ask for a full refund.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Yep that would be fare enough but that's what they told me when I ordered the item last week and to say the same this week is just bullshit
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

Yep, thats all fine Phil, I agree its always more complex, but they have Colins money in their account now while they wait.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by pre65 »

It is frustrating, I know, but not life threatening.

I have problems with a European e-bay seller. Tomorrow he is going to tell me the "reality" of running a one man business. :wink:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

It is frustrating, I know, but not life threatening.
Agreed, but there is a gulf between those two options. I prefer myself to reward suppliers who are good to me by using them again, and the converse.

But its tricky, I suspect there are a lot of cash flow issues underthe surface out there at the moment, there is normally only one reason why a supplier has failed to deliver stock. (though the cause may be several steps back in the chain).
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Nick wrote:Yep, thats all fine Phil, I agree its always more complex, but they have Colins money in their account now while they wait.
I didn't think suppliers could debt from your account until the item was despatched to you
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage
Nick
Site Admin

Post by Nick »

I didn't think suppliers could debt from your account until the item was despatched to you
Thats a choice they make, I dont think there is anything stopping them. If you give me (as a merchant) your card details, I can take money out whenever I want as a cardholder not present transaction.

The polite way to do it is to pre-auth the transaction. That leaves the money in your account, but marks it as allocated to that merchant, so while its still in the account, you can't spend it again. Then at a later time, the merchant can complete the transaction and actually transfer the funds.
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn »

Update
Well one of the two audio suppliers came up trumps on Monday past which was http://www.sightandsounduk.com/home.php still most likely wont use them again though the second supplier http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/index.php? ... oc&docId=3 Well first let me say do not use these people I ordered the item on the 28th of march at the point of ordering they said out of stock but would have new stock in mid week so OK I thought
mid week I phone them only to be told the exact same again it's their suppliers and today I phone and yes a gain the same story so I now have to wait another week I am starting to think there are just using the suppliers as an excuse and banking customers money to gain the interest or at least thats how it feels
PS I used this company about a year ago and is was the same back then it took them 2 months to send out my goods but I though give them a second chance this is a company I will never use again
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage