Billington

Somewhere to tell us of supplies who go the extra mile, or run away with your dosh.
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#1 Billington

Post by izzy wizzy »

A recommendation resulting from a few dealings with them. Always very pleasant on the phone. Delivery before they say, superb packaging. My first purchase came with a free gift of another 6AX4 to add to the 4 I bought. This time I had a faulty DW4 and even though they test before send, they were going to replace anyway. I aso had bought 2 5U4G by mistake and they were happy to swap for 2 more DW4 even though the list price was a bit higher. And before I could send them back, 3 DW4 arrived today on trust I would send the others back. Awesome service!
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#2 Re: Billington

Post by Paul Barker »

I used to know a guy (getting old can’t remember name) did their testing part time. He sold me 212’s. He was a good sort too! Jim Fish was really good to deal with but he’s retird, sold me a pair 212 too and a dozen PX4’s.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
izzy wizzy
Old Hand

#3 Re: Billington

Post by izzy wizzy »

That name Jim fish rings a bell. I'm sure he sold me the 813s that got my power amp saga started 15 or so years ago.
Nick
Site Admin

#4 Re: Billington

Post by Nick »

Yep, Jim was a good guy. I remember he had a 212 on display on his work bench. Was desperate to retire and play golf I seem to remember.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#5 Re: Billington

Post by Paul Barker »

Yes he let the man who worked for him finish off selling the stock.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#6 Re: Billington

Post by Ali Tait »

Remember going round to pick up some valves from him, talk about Aladdin's cave.
jack
Thermionic Monk Status

#7 Re: Billington

Post by jack »

Colomor, Langrex & Billington Export are all in the small town of Billingshurst about half a mile from each other.

What is it about that place?
Vivitur ingenio, caetera mortis erunt