PCB CAD Help

For the three and more legged things
colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

PCB CAD Help

Post by colin.hepburn » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:34 pm

Hi All
Anyone know of a good Free Student easy to use PCB Design Software Program that has schematic and layout component placement and auto routing
I have tried Eagle and Dip Trace but just cannot get the hang of then to complicated, I do not want to spend months learning just to use the software
Any ideas lads
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage

Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:20 pm

FreePCB. Mostly driven with key stroke combinations.

I never make the same mistake twice. Instead I prefer to fill my day with a variety of different mistakes

colin.hepburn
Shed dweller

Post by colin.hepburn » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:00 pm

Mike H wrote:FreePCB. Mostly driven with key stroke combinations.
Hi Mike
Cheers, I will have a look in to that
What I would like is a simple place component and tracks autoroute then print but I guess thing are never that easy
Colin
The Blues man ImageImage

Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

Post by Mike H » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:38 pm

There must be a bit of learning involved unfortunately. What I found is I had to mostly create component outlines for the components I actually want to use.

Components are connected together initially with 'rat lines', you have to put these in to connect things up.

So it won't autoroute unless you say import a LTspice schematic. Even then you only get pre-connected rat lines and you still have to move things around and move the tracks to where you want them to go.

I never make the same mistake twice. Instead I prefer to fill my day with a variety of different mistakes