Wanted: large film foil caps

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
little eddy
Old Hand

#1 Wanted: large film foil caps

Post by little eddy »

I'd be interested if anyone has any 2u2 to 4u7 caps as alternatives to try as an upgrade to the Vishay MKT1839 ones I have fitted to my MoFo.
TD-125/RB250/MC25FL & 'Snail' phono, NAS/SBT with CS4398 DAC, 41MP pre & MoFo Power, still messing with OBs.
Toppsy
Shed dweller

#2 Re: Wanted: large film foil caps

Post by Toppsy »

Not that large a value for film caps, however I have some spare in those values.
You have PM.
little eddy
Old Hand

#3 Re: Wanted: large film foil caps

Post by little eddy »

Thanks to Colin for his time and hospitality today at Topp's Towers.

It was extremely enjoyable listening to his varied speakers from the open baffles, Edingdales, and finally his Monacor SP-310CX Coaxial Driver MLTL's. Very interesting picking out the marked differences and strengths of each type.

All were driven by a a pair of LDA 300Bs, and I'm sorry to say that at least with the Edingdales, I preferred them to Nick's mammoth P6s. But as we discussed, your ears get used to a particular sound and with me having nothing else other than 100% valve amps for the last 10 years or so, my preference was hardly surprising.

I must admit the standout moment was when the Coaxial Driver MLTL's started up. A 'very simple' sound but just seemed to be 'all together'.

Thanks again, and for the numerous donated Bennic film caps.

That reminds me, must get a copy of that Evanescence Synthesis album - sounded huge on the imposing OBs.
TD-125/RB250/MC25FL & 'Snail' phono, NAS/SBT with CS4398 DAC, 41MP pre & MoFo Power, still messing with OBs.