FS - More stuff. PA amplifiers, some speakers, including a vintage 2x12" cab.

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
chris661
Shed dweller

#1 FS - More stuff. PA amplifiers, some speakers, including a vintage 2x12" cab.

Post by chris661 »

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say I'm having another round of clear-outs. Mostly PA gear, but I suspect the pair of vintage 12" HH speakers might be of interest around here.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/2013chris661/m.html

The HH speaker is a double-12" one, early 1970s IIRC. Sound is surprisingly full-range. Add a supertweeter and something to fill in the bottom end and you've got a nice OB system there.

There's a couple of Crown Macrotech amplifiers, which are regarded as some of the best in the world despite their age. The MA5002VZ runs exceptionally quietly, and would be fine in a lounge - the fans stay switched off until the heatsinks get warm. That particular amplifier has just come back from a service to get it to full working order, so it's pretty much like new.

I have the T/S parameters of the 8" drivers in the Ecler speakers somewhere - Qts is a bit high so they lend themselves to sealed boxes or open baffles. IIRC there's a couple of poly caps and air cored inductors on the crossover board - those parts are worth the asking price, but the cabinets themselves aren't great so they're going cheap. With a 1" soft dome they'd probably be nice sounding speakers, but the plastic HF unit in there is a bit rough. I've kept a pair for background music in the garage.

If you decide to make an offer, let me know it's you and I'll certainly take that into consideration.

Cheers, all.
Chris