FS. Alphason 100MCS tonearm. 9"

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
Bigman80
User

#1 FS. Alphason 100MCS tonearm. 9"

Post by Bigman80 »

For sale is my Alphason tonearm. It's foam filled arm tube is one piece Titanium which has the headshell pressed into shape, it has ceramic bearings which are super smooth and free of any play whatsoever. Internally, the original MCS' arm wire has been retained due to its quality and has been inspected. There is no sign of corrosion and the wire is as supple as the day it was made.

I recently had a Din plug inserted into the arm pillar to make the connection as clean as possible and also facilitate the swapping of din to RCA cables as easy as can be.

The overall condition of this arm is excellent. There is hardly a mark on it. One to mention is on the arm lift barrel (pictured) where it looks like it's been gouged somehow. Not really an eye-catching issue just mentioned for clarity.

Pictures available on request

£550 + postage.
Bigman80
User

#2 Re: FS. Alphason 100MCS tonearm. 9"

Post by Bigman80 »

This arm will be at Tonbridge audio jumble. Many thanks to Vinylspinner for the kind offer to take it along.

Gives anyone interested the chance to see it up close and personal.

Fantastic arm at a bargain price.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
DSJR
User

#3 Re: FS. Alphason 100MCS tonearm. 9"

Post by DSJR »

I hope you're doing the right thing. I've already given my view on what you said you intended to do elsewhere, so won't nag you here. DAMNED fine arm, the Alphason - and better than most others I reckon, despite it's basic looks... Shed-loads better than a sheeple Ittok now, but might need a better deck than an LP12 to show itself off properly!
jayman67
User

#4 Re: FS. Alphason 100MCS tonearm. 9"

Post by jayman67 »

you mean like this dave ? :mrgreen:

Bigman80
User

#5 Re: FS. Alphason 100MCS tonearm. 9"

Post by Bigman80 »

DSJR wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:46 pm I hope you're doing the right thing. I've already given my view on what you said you intended to do elsewhere, so won't nag you here. DAMNED fine arm, the Alphason - and better than most others I reckon, despite it's basic looks... Shed-loads better than a sheeple Ittok now, but might need a better deck than an LP12 to show itself off properly!
You did Dave and your advice was duly noted. Thanks k you for it too.

For me, it's the right thing. For someone else, they may think I'm crackers lol.
Bigman80
User

#6 Re: FS. Alphason 100MCS tonearm. 9"

Post by Bigman80 »

jayman67 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:05 pm you mean like this dave ? :mrgreen:

Yep, that's much better.

I can see this Alphason ending g up on the SP10 lol
Neal
Shed dweller

#7 Re: FS. Alphason 100MCS tonearm. 9"

Post by Neal »

I'd have it but funds are too tight at the moment. I think you are mad to sell it TBH....
Only the Sith deal in absolutes.
Bigman80
User

#8 Re: FS. Alphason 100MCS tonearm. 9"

Post by Bigman80 »

Neal wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:54 pm I'd have it but funds are too tight at the moment. I think you are mad to sell it TBH....
There is a chance to profit from my madness. Someone really should pounce on it.

The general consensus is that I am making a huge mistake and that I'm crazy for selling so it's a surprise I still haven't sold it

Will anyone buy it????
DSJR
User

#9 Re: FS. Alphason 100MCS tonearm. 9"

Post by DSJR »

Can the SP10 plinth be configured for different tonearms?

ramble ramble.....

Look, I know that certain Jap arms look really posh with amazing finish, at least when new and with careful headshell choice, their relative lack of rigidity can be masked very well so it doesn't matter overmuch, but that bloody HR100S NEEDS to be heard on the Technics IMO before it departs for pastures new.

Of the 12" types, I was so impressed with the SME 309 with detachable shell (I thought it comfortably out-performed an Ittok on a fruitbox back in the day, although some arm-board work needed to be done) I suspect the 12" version should be fine for many MC cartridges. The previous and current 3009 may look fab with an SPU, but imo it ain't up to the SP10's potential - just my vibe though... I don't know the M2 models, although these seem to be a well kept secret.

Forgive the rambles. There are many items of audio gear I sold and deeply wished I hadn't, looking back. Nobody really realised just how good this arm would become as I genuinely feel it was ahead of the decks we used back then - sorry to blather...
Bigman80
User

#10 Re: FS. Alphason 100MCS tonearm. 9"

Post by Bigman80 »

No need to apologise, Dave. I agree that the better the TT, the better than Alphason performs. The plinth is a one 25mm thick sheet of panzerholz skeletal jobbie so it will be drilled for the new arm. I've already committed to buying both arm and TT so keeping the Alphason isn't going to be an option. It's got to go to pay the balance. No options.

Your warning over sale regret is something I've considered but Its already a done deal.

Trigger happy? Maybe. Convinced I'm doing the right thing? Definitely.
Bigman80
User

#11 Re: FS. Alphason 100MCS tonearm. 9"

Post by Bigman80 »

Last bump before this arm gets sent to the Tonbridge Audio Jumble.
Bigman80
User

#12 Re: FS. Alphason 100MCS tonearm. 9"

Post by Bigman80 »

Still for sale folks.

£550 delivered.
Bigman80
User

#13 Re: FS. Alphason 100MCS tonearm. 9"

Post by Bigman80 »

Priced at £500 until Sunday 08/10/17 will return to £550 after.

£12.50 delivery.
Bigman80
User

#14 Re: FS. Alphason 100MCS tonearm. 9"

Post by Bigman80 »

Now sold.