FS: Fostex FF208E Sigma Factory Horn Cabinets

Caveat emptor, Caveat venditor
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#1 FS: Fostex FF208E Sigma Factory Horn Cabinets

Post by simon »

It's with a heavy heart that I offer my Fostex horn cabinets for sale. They're to be replaced with a younger, more svelte model. Apparently they'll fit with the new decor much better.

These are the ones:
http://www.atrj13.dsl.pipex.com/na-fost ... r_horn.htm

They're the Fostex recommended enclosure for the 208s. I've read that they will suit the 206s too but haven't tried them myself. I think the hole would need increasing a little for the 206s though.

As much as I'd like to keep them they're a little large to tuck away in a corner and too heavy to lug upstairs. So go they must. It would be nice to get the cost of the 4 no. 8x4 18mm sheets of birch ply back, so I'd like £200 for them. N.B. none of the drivers or filters are included, it's just the woodwork. Unless you make me an offer I can't refuse!

They're heavy, so will need to be collected - don't even think about couriering them. I could probably bring them to Owston on Saturday.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#2 Re: FS: Fostex FF208E Sigma Factory Horn Cabinets

Post by IslandPink »

This isn't going to help you, Simon, but I would still like to hear a 208 on one of those cabinets in isolation to try & understand more about what I liked about the system Keith brought to Owston last year where he used the 206's on that horn. Unfortunately I can't justify the space a pair of them would take up, long term here if not being used. Hmm...
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
simon
Thermionic Monk Status

#3 Re: FS: Fostex FF208E Sigma Factory Horn Cabinets

Post by simon »

Blimey Mark, was I there last year?! I don't remember them at all. There again there's a lot I don't remember these days.

I can't face rigging them up and carting them to Owston, unless someone wants them, but you're welcome to pop over.
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#4 Re: FS: Fostex FF208E Sigma Factory Horn Cabinets

Post by IslandPink »

No probs- however - only one cabinet required, I bring driver and screws to fit. Only need wires from driver to rear panel so if they don't exist then that would be hassle yes.

Re. keith - it was on the Sunday, he set up around 11am.
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"