New Member saying Hello

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
JohnG
Old Hand

#1 New Member saying Hello

Post by JohnG »

Hi
My name is John and I am based in Suffolk UK. I am pleased to have found and joined your forum.
I have lapsed in my HiFi experience for many years, having recently returned to it in January 2017,with a fresh enthusiasm for creating a System built around some old ideas and components and new forum proposed ideas.
Much of my working System has been built around HiFi World Kit and some of their recommendations.
I am a ESL 57 die hard with a long term wish to stack two pairs, I have also returned to a shelved 845 monoblock amplifier project, partially completed at present, two power supply modules and a output module are ready to go. I have been using one monoblock running in a "faux stereo" set up into Tannoy Speakers.
I am overhauling a Lenco GL75 and designing a concept idea plinth to mount it on with a two tone arm option.
I just got zapped by a System at the Scalford show, and now have a Philips GP390 Cartridge in the post. The experience at the show of a OB, has reignited my want to build a OB 3 way speaker.
It looks like Audio Talk is a good place for shared experiences and recieve guidance.
Ali Tait
Eternally single

#2 Re: New Member saying Hello

Post by Ali Tait »

Hi, welcome. You're in the right place for OB's and the like right enough. :)

Have one of those carts too, though have yet to try it.
steve s
Shed dweller

#3 Re: New Member saying Hello

Post by steve s »

There is quite a few of us into OB's here, i exhibited a pair at the very first scalford show and at quite a few shows since, there has been a steady increase in their popularity there over the last few years

Mine are sort of 3 ways but with 5 drivers in one pair and 4 drivers in my second pair
Hope you enjoy it here
Steve
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
IslandPink
Amstrad Tower of Power

#4 Re: New Member saying Hello

Post by IslandPink »

All the right stuff there for some good discussion John - glad to have you on the forum !
Faux stereo - a way of life for me :!:
"Once you find out ... the Circumstances ; then you can go out"
JohnG
Old Hand

#5 Re: New Member saying Hello

Post by JohnG »

Thank you for your kind welcome,
I'm looking forward to enjoying some of your creations at the June meeting nr Doncaster.
Mike H
Amstrad Tower of Power

#6 Re: New Member saying Hello

Post by Mike H »

:thumbleft:

"No matter how fast light travels it finds that the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."