Hi there

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
kt66se
New User

#1 Hi there

Post by kt66se »

Hi,
Just a quick hello, bit shy really on the subject of valves as I dip in and out of the subject based on available time. Really into valve technology, love them to bit and working in the technology world it great to get back to proper electronics, I love classic cars as it has the same affect, smell of oil, bits you can adjust without using a laptop etc :D

Anyhow, I have a World Audio KT88PP amp but have been "trying" to get on and build my single ended parallel KT66 amp, have all the bits, Transformers from Sowter, just need to get on and build the chassis and put it all together and I'm hoping if I immerse myself in anything valve related, like a forum of like minded people this should help me pull my finger out and get on with it - it's only been 10yrs in the making and so far I've managed to build an external valve power supply using 2 5U4 valves but nothing else!

I work in the comms industry but also run my own IT business hence finding the time along with married life, kids, house etc so have plenty of excuses :oops:

Also, looks like there is a show on at Owston - is it possible to come along to this? Are there spaces, would I need to book?

Many thanks

Adam

Ps, also built my own speakers, my mate works at Leema, they offered to test them for me and laughed at the results (politely) so I have some learning to do on the speaker front as well :D