Howdy Doody

To cut down on spam, we tend to remove users that haven't posted anything after a day or so, so this is the place to say hi for the first time.
pre65
Amstrad Tower of Power

#106 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by pre65 »

How is the Merc ?

Have you had the brake pedal/brake actuator problem yet ?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

G-Popz THE easy listening connoisseur. (Philip)
Mudshark
Old Hand

#107 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by Mudshark »

A fine post Mr Minge......... :thumbleft:
Sir Cedric Minge
User

#108 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by Sir Cedric Minge »

pre65 wrote:How is the Merc ?

Have you had the brake pedal/brake actuator problem yet ?
Ahhhh Noddy my dear fellow. How incredibly kind of you to seek confirmation of my automotive appliance. Sadly, the trusty Wolsley is currently off the road with sawdust in the gearbox. I'm also happy to note that your irritating need to use non-standard text of the realm when positing has abetted. I hope that the effort put into dealing with the need to be noticed can also be used to the same great effect with your need to stalk dear old Dicky. Would it be remiss of me to ask if you were an only child?
The mischievous Phileas Fogg of hi-fi fora.
Always find time for a bit of tiffin dear boy!
Mudshark
Old Hand

#109 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by Mudshark »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sir Cedric Minge
User

#110 Re: Howdy Doody

Mudshark wrote:A fine post Mr Minge......... :thumbleft:
Why thank you indeed James... or may I call you Jammy? And please call me Cedric dear fellow! We are amongst friends, what what!

Am I correct to assume that you are the very same Jammy, formerly of HFS? The same Jammy who dear old Dicky raised from an egg, who he loved when those about him thought he was a bampot? Who nurtured you, built you special one off toys to enhance your aural pleasure and cut you even longer slack than DQ was cut? The same Jammy that grew big and strong, found work in harsh environments (not unlike Jairpor) developing a taste for single malt and mastered Vogan Poetry, much admired by the Azgoths of Kria? The very same Jammy that bit that hand of his creator when all he sought to do was protect dear old James from himself?

My dear Jammy...as my old drinking colleague Lord Kitchener once uttered under his breath down the Dog & Duck in Bermondsey:

the HFS Needs You! :drunken:
Last edited by Sir Cedric Minge on Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mudshark
Old Hand

#111 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by Mudshark »

Pretty much so Mr Minge (I wont call you Cedric, I hardly know you) :wink:

Jammy didn't bite the hand of his creator, mearly nibbled it a tad. :mrgreen:

But I do enjoy a wee dram and a good rant on occasions......cheers. :occasion5:
Sir Cedric Minge
User

#112 Re: Howdy Doody

Nothing wrong with letting off a bit of steam every now and again Jammy my dear fellow. :drunken:

Indeed, my good lady wife and I enjoy big cat hunting and we've heard that a re-badged game reserve called HiFi WigWam currently has a cat infestation, so we feel impelled to join, take our hunting muskets along and grab us some kitty :bom: Top hole!
Michael L
Old Hand

#113 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by Michael L »

Sir Cedric Minge wrote:Nothing wrong with letting off a bit of steam every now and again Jammy my dear fellow. :drunken:

Indeed, my good lady wife and I enjoy big cat hunting and we've heard that a re-badged game reserve called HiFi WigWam currently has a cat infestation, so we feel impelled to join, take our hunting muskets along and grab us some kitty :bom: Top hole!
More drivel. Let's hit that foe button again. It did a wonderful job with Mudshark.
Michael L
Old Hand

#114 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by Michael L »

That's better
Mudshark
Old Hand

#115 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by Mudshark »

Michael L wrote:That's better
Good, fuk off Michael.........Hold on, you wont see this. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rudolph Hucker.
Old Hand

#116 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by Rudolph Hucker. »

Mudshark wrote:
just use the quote then he'll see it

the craziest audio forum on the planet
http://www.snakeoilaudio.com/
Sir Cedric Minge
User

#117 Re: Howdy Doody

Rudolph Hucker. wrote:
Mudshark wrote:

How incredibly sad. I wonder of Michael L is perhaps having a bad day? I do hope he reconsiders using this feature, especially as my good lady wife and I would like to invite him and his better half chez Minge for light refreshments, in an effort to address whatever issues he may have. :argue:
Rudolph Hucker.
Old Hand

#118 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by Rudolph Hucker. »

Sir Cedric Minge wrote:
Rudolph Hucker. wrote:
Mudshark wrote:

How incredibly sad. I wonder of Michael L is perhaps having a bad day? I do hope he reconsiders using this feature, especially as my good lady wife and I would like to invite him and his better half chez Minge for light refreshments, in an effort to address whatever issues he may have. :argue:
the craziest audio forum on the planet
http://www.snakeoilaudio.com/
Nick
Site Admin

#119 Re: Howdy Doody

Post by Nick »

Sir Cedric Minge wrote:How incredibly sad. I wonder of Michael L is perhaps having a bad day? I do hope he reconsiders using this feature, especially as my good lady wife and I would like to invite him and his better half chez Minge for light refreshments, in an effort to address whatever issues he may have. :argue:
So, is there any chance that we get anything more than noise from you? At least Rudolph told us stuff, all I see from Cedric is a very very poor Vivian Stanshaw impersonation with the vocabulary of a US president.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
Sir Cedric Minge
User

#120 Re: Howdy Doody

And a very good evening to you too Nicholas! Once again, my good lady wife and I would like to thank you for allowing me to frequent this fine forum, where the welcome, from Lands End to John O'Groats (and via Rawlinson End) has been a site (pun intended) to behold.

To answer but one of your points, I do indeed intend to use the forum as nature intended, but my dear lady wife has misplaced the Crosley Cruiser manual (the top of the range three speed version finished in magenta don't you know) so the question I intended to post about modification suggestions would make no sense without my being able to quote from it. You can rest assured though that as soon as it re-appears, the question will appear forthwith.

Anyway, the supper bell soundeth, so I'm off for roast belly of pork with all the extras, washed down with a cheeky crate of brown ale :drunken: The salivation scale in Wrexham has gone off the scale, so best I tuck in before the dulcet tones of a supercharged diesel engine ring in the cold night air, followed closely by a load and forceful knock on the scullery door... :snorting:

Toodle pip old boy!