Nina Simone

Share the music that moves you.......
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

#1 Nina Simone

Post by Paul Barker »

My daughter was right on the money.

She bought
Nina Simone "My Baby Just Cares for Me" from Amazon.

It says "20 original recordings on 180gm vinyl"

I have a few modern production heavy guage vinyl recordings of old by gone era singers. Quite frankly they are worthless as they are very poor copies of original recordings which were badly recorded in the first place. Anyway something nasty came though somehow.

But this album is something entirely different. These are all really good recordings. It does sound as though they somehow managed to find the first cut and copied it well onto 180gm vinyl for a change. I can say quite safely these are the best recorded LP's I now own. Most of my vinyl is in very poor condition. Maybe some records could be fixed with the PVA treatment or similar. But my life is too full, and anyway I only get a short time once a week to seriously listen to vinyl as it is these days.

Best I have heard Nina Simone sounding in my life.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
steve s
Shed dweller

Post by steve s »

Thats the trouble buying any recordings you never really know what your going to get, or if the recording you have is the best version

Cheers...
The tube manual is quite like a telephone book. The number of it perfect. It is useful to make it possible to speak with a girl. But we can't see her beautiful face from the telephone number
Paul Barker
Social Sevices have been notified

Post by Paul Barker »

Indeed, the post is made mainly because I have so often been disappointed by such a purchase. This one amaised me as it is as described.

Some people think it is acceptable to record a bad recording and loose even more resolution but put it onto thick vinyl make a new sleeve fro it and charge top money for sh1te.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not yet completely sure about the universe." – Albert Einstein
Will
Old Hand

Post by Will »

Nina Simone was at Ronny Scotts shown live on tv ... one of my students was
in the audience with here boy friend who later became Chairman CEO of EMI Tony Wadsworth...
they married and have two grown up children and loads of records. .Happy New Year.
:D
Ali Tait
Eternally single

Post by Ali Tait »

Happy Hogmanay Will! :D