speed potentiometer id

What people are working on at the moment
Nick
Site Admin

#16 Re: speed potentiometer id

Post by Nick »

Fit one of these

https://www.rapidonline.com/taiwan-alph ... er-65-0750

If it solves the problem leave it in, if not put the original back and decide the problem isn’t the pot.

Do you know what sort of control system the deck uses, it sounds more like its failing to lock to speed which is more likely to be a problem elsewhere instead of the speed pot.
Whenever an honest man discovers that he's mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or he will cease to be honest.
jayman67
User

#17 Re: speed potentiometer id

Post by jayman67 »

lol cheers nick,do you know i never thought just to buy one with the right voltage regardless of size just to try!
i suspect its not the pots as it does it both on 33 and 45,ive recapped the psu board and have the last 4 caps to change on the main board tonight,ive that doesn't fix it i will put it down to the platter being eccentric as a few peeps have said that may be the issue.
its one of those niggley things that id like to sort as it annoys me.
here's the latest vid of it spinning lol.
[youtube][/youtube]
cressy
Shed dweller

#18 Re: speed potentiometer id

Post by cressy »

does it do the same wether you switch the trim pots in and out? checking tvk it appears the pioneer plc1700 had this feature. if the trim circuit is switched out of circuit and the result is the same then the folks who mentioned the platter being out of true may be on the right lines. also, if it is like the sony ps11 i used to have, there will be a magnetic coating on the inside of the platter which is 'read' by the control system. if there is a break in the coating this can cause a split second drop out as the missing section passes the sensor. the ps11 had a little sensor that looked like a tape deck head in the plinth that read the coating. this deck looks alot more sophisticated than that deck, but in principle it could be something to look at, if im looking at the right deck on tvk
cheers ant
jayman67
User

#19 Re: speed potentiometer id

Post by jayman67 »

hi ant,
there doesn't appear to be any way to turn the pitch controls off,i wonder if tvk means just the strobe light?
ive had a look on the inside of the inner platter and all looks to be good,ive finished the recap and it hasn't made any difference so im nearly at the end of my electrical ability's,im going to try the pots nick linked to and also print of a strobe disc,after that im stumped.